Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage Live-performance song / sound performance changes

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

OK, I run a multi-keyboard set up. 4 keyboards and 5 modules. One of my keyboards is the Artuia Keylab88. It can simultaneously transmit midi over USB and midi 5Pin Din. I did not know prior to ordering that it can not do that. It is either USB or Midi, ok fine I chose USB so as to talk more efficiently to my Mac Pro running MainStage 3. now fine, it can't talk to my external midi module and Mac, I am trying to work around that limitation. The big set back is sending patch change to the Montage during live setup. I can trigger midi and keyboard map splits from MainStage and layer fine as a USB controller, but going from song (performance setup) to song part (performance) by midi patch change command on a single midi channel transmit. I have only one to transmit per MainStage, I would hate to think I need a channel strip in MainStage for each part. then what about transmitting? its working great on single channel for that well sort of. Its all just getting very, very complicated. hoping for a solution because I love the board and want to use it more effectively. not just for turing current albums, but in the studio on the next project.
Ralph

Posted : 12/03/2017 12:32 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

For USB MIDI, MONTAGE-1 targets the Montage tone generator. MONTAGE-3 targets the MIDI DIN connector.

Posted : 12/03/2017 2:56 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us