Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MONTAGE M - DAW Remote button enables the functionality but doesn't disable it - bug? or working as designed? Take your pick.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I noticed while testing that pressing the DAW Remote button turns the button solid RED and puts you in that mode.

But pressing the button again does NOT turn if OFF. You have to press the EXIT button to get out of remote mode.

This is likely a new button for the M models since neither the MODX doc nor the Montage doc show that button.

I'm just posting this as an observation since only Yamaha knows if this is the intended behavior or if pressing the button when it is lit should exit the mode.

Posted : 14/10/2023 6:02 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

A consistent operation wouldn't exit out of DAW Remote mode by pressing the button again. Other shortcut buttons don't do this (home, live set, etc). It might make sense to have another press of the DAW Remote button to toggle the mode (plugin, etc) but doing nothing and just leaving the screen alone would be consistent too.

Posted : 15/10/2023 12:38 pm
Prominent Member
Topic starter

A consistent operation wouldn't exit out of DAW Remote mode by pressing the button again.

Personally I like the way it works so you don't accidentally push the button and end the mode.

For 'mode' things two operations make sense.

But my plan for now is to post about any observations I make so that others are at least aware of them and so more knowledgable people, like yourself, can provide your expertise.

I only have the M now so can't do any real comparisons to my old Modx and never had the original Montage.

Posted : 15/10/2023 4:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us