Clear all

Montage M8x. Screen dimming.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi...

Couldn't find a single word dealing with screen dimming after much search...

Is dimming available or not ?

Thank you.

????
????

Posted : 25/10/2023 1:54 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Not available.

Posted : 25/10/2023 3:09 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=124008]Not available.[/quotePost]

Thank you, but, screen is auto dimmable? Light sensor ?

I spend hours at night playing and no lights around, just the keyboard and the monitor.

I sincerly cannot imagine playing under those conditions with a screen at full steam.

????
????

Posted : 25/10/2023 6:13 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

A bit of a hack but there are dimming sheets available that you use to cover displays that are perceived to be too bright.

I imagine you can find ones in various "strengths". This kind of thing may impact the touchscreen function. That said, they're relatively inexpensive and are not permanent. So if it's more trouble than it's worth, you can ditch it and not be set back by much.

Due to the color choices, it looks to me that the new M series screen is darker than the classic. It's like "dark mode" GUI vs the "light mode" that was used previously. And even with what I would say is an overall brighter display, I've never encountered a situation where I thought the brightness was a problem including a dark stage with no real lighting on me or the keyboard. I think this just means we have different tolerances.

On a side note, I have always promoted screen display adjustments like high contrast mode and other improvements to help combat poor eyesight or nonideal lighting conditions (including both extremes of pitch black to bright sun). I'm not sure if the display has the backlight adjustable by software or not but certainly display colors could be filtered to fake a "dim". Ideascale awaits.

Posted : 25/10/2023 6:56 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us