Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage OS 2.5 Motif XF Bank - is there a strange Issue with Southern Rap Cat (Performance)?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Han
Topic starter

If I select the performance Southern Rap Cat of the Motif XF bank before I press a key you already hear a crackling and noisy sound like a record on a turnplayer between music. Then if you press a key this XF sound is heared full.

But if you stop the sound by pressing ARP ON/OFF the crackling and noisy sounds stays. If you select an other preformance the crackling sounds is still going on only if you select an other performance twice then the crackling and noisy sounds stops.

Is it behaving like it suppose to do or is there an issue with this performance? Maybe something when wrong with my system update?

Regards Han

Posted : 22/08/2018 9:48 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There's no issue. When you described the sound I instantly recognized this as the digital turntable effect. It's one of the only effects that generates sound without striking any notes. I kind of wish there were more or custom effects I could create that are similar.

I searched for an audio clip and didn't find one. I did find an old XF topic that covered this when someone else was caught off guard by this preset.

www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470809/

No problem, it's intentional.

I would advise experenting with all of the effects so you know somewhat of what they sound like. There's not a ton of default effects to run through (meaning using effects as they start by default without tweaking parameters).

Posted : 22/08/2018 10:32 pm
 Han
Topic starter

Thanks Jason for you responce. Now I know that this what it supposed to be. 😀 😀 😀

Posted : 23/08/2018 9:30 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you like everything else other than the turntable - turning that effect off is easy to do.

Posted : 23/08/2018 11:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us