Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage soundcard and Cubase question

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I just got a Montage 6 and have a few questions regarding DAW (Cubase Pro 11) integration. Searched and read through quite a few posts but none addressed my questions, so here we go...

I'm aware that Montage offers via USB, 32 audio channels to DAW and 6 from DAW. My studio is set up in surround (Dante) and i definitely want to keep using my sound card and converters but i would love to take advantage of the 32 channels transfer from Montage to DAW feature. I believe it's not possible to use multiple ASIO sound card, is there a way around this ?

Posted : 24/09/2021 7:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure what computer you are using. Mac has aggregate audio interfaces. If using Windows you'll need to use a driver that can combine such as ASIO4ALL. Still, I don't know if you necessarily get all individual channels.

So in the general sense - it's possible to use multiple sound cards. There are downsides. The best approach generally becomes to setup your drivers/configuration/keyboard for full 32/6 mode when that is needed then reconfigure for your Dante card when that is needed. And that the reconfiguration is just part of the process.

Probably relative to other tasks within a workflow the configuration step becomes relatively a small percentage.

Posted : 24/09/2021 7:55 pm
Bad Mister

… i would love to take advantage of the 32 channels transfer from Montage to DAW feature.

Nothing stops you from recording your MONTAGE using it as your audio interface, then switching to whatever other interface you want to use to record and to mix the rest of your data.

You don’t mention what type of computer or what the audio interface is… so we cannot really answer further. Macintosh computers let you build an Aggregate Audio Device made from several Audio interfaces.

Posted : 24/09/2021 7:57 pm
Topic starter

I'm using a 2019 Mac Pro running Cubase 11 and Protools Ultimate. My whole studio is Dante base. When using PT, audio are piped from Digilink on HD Native sound card to my AD/DA, which is a DAD AX32. When using Cubase, audio are piped from Focusrite PCIe to the same DAD AX32 converter. From the converter, audio are sent the Crown amps via Dante then to the JBL, i'm using a 5.7/7.1 set up, soon to be upgrade to Atmos. All speakers/sub EQ and alignment and are done within the the DAD and Crown.

I did try Aggregate before posting, unfortunately, I get get better stability and latency when using the Focusrite PCIe ASIO driver vs Aggregate in CB.

As for the changing drivers on the fly, my template has over 1000 tracks with preconfigured subgroups, sends, bussing and outputs and it would take a huge amount of time to reconfigure.

Oh well, my only solution is to use the analog stereo output.

Thanks for your help.

Posted : 24/09/2021 10:55 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Could you have a Montage project aside from your master project then import the tracks? There's some import automation available added since 10.5.

Posted : 25/09/2021 4:22 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us