Clear all

Montage to Modx. Transferring Sounds??

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Drew
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I own a Montage v2.5 and I'm looking at also purchasing the Modx as both a backup and local live gig keyboard. Can I write and transfer my created User sounds and samples and libraries from the Montage to the Modx? Are their architectures in soundsets the same or are they incompatible in this aspect. I'm aware of the limited memory in the Modx.
Specifically, i want to
-Write USER sounds using presets and SR created samples in the Montage.
-Transfer them to the Modx via USB for live use.
Any information or resource would be most helpful before I attempt to purchase the Modx.
Thank you

Posted : 13/05/2019 3:44 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

MODX can read Montage formats. Montage cannot read MODX formats directly. Therefore, what you want - to transfer from Montage to MODX - is supported.

Source: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/modx/compatibility.html

Compatible with the MONTAGE6/MONTAGE7/MONTAGE8 data
The following data can be loaded to MODX6/MODX7/MODX8 among all MONTAGE6/MONTAGE7/MONTAGE8 data. Note that .X7U files are loaded only as “User Files” and that .7L files are loaded only as “Library Files.”

Also you can switch the Content Type between User file and Library file.

NOTE: The .X7A format (MONTAGE backup files) is not supported.

Posted : 13/05/2019 6:12 am
 Drew

Thank you! Will post how it works out when the time comes.

Posted : 13/05/2019 6:50 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us