Notifications
Clear all

Montage vs Moxf

18 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

Warning or not - I absolutely did fast-forward through the choir part.

... if you do elect to purchase a Montage, then you'll gain a second DAW choice: Cubase AI ships free with Montage and I have found it very capable despite there are several levels (versions/SKUs) of Cubase above the "AI" version.

Posted : 20/02/2018 4:02 am
studio460

Thanks for all your helpful comments, Jason! If I were using the Montage as my main keyboard, I would definitely consider Cubase, but I've already committed to Apple Logic Pro X and I really like it. I finally pulled the trigger and got a used Motif XF6 40th anniversary edition in white! I mainly wanted it for those "sparkly" Yamaha sounds. I'm sure either my Kronos or Fantom could get close to many of the XF's presets, but since it's the last Motif in the line, I just had to have one (plus, I think the anniversary edition just looks awesome!).

The Motif has been such a fixture in pro music production—for every studio in Hollywood that I see a Fantom, I see 10 more Motifs—it's legendary! Lastly, I've always heard so much about the Motif's arpeggiator, I just had to see what all the fuss was about! I will now resume posting about my new Motif in the appropriate threads!

Posted : 21/02/2018 8:24 am
 robi

Chris wrote:

Hi, over the years I’ve had a Mox8 and then a motif XF8, I have now changed to a Montage 8, let me say I am loving this synth with its 8 parts and, wow, the super knob. At first I was completely lost as to how scenes and the super knob worked, (but had a lot of fun with the preset performances), after being use to the Motif, but now after 6 Weeks, and over 100 hours I’ve cracked it, being able to have 8 parts playing together and being able to program the superknob to control when those parts are played controlled by the FC7 foot peddle is absolutely awesome. With the new update V2.0 I have imported to my library the Motif XF performances, but I have not used them, as now I know what i’m doing, I have completely reprogrammed all my old Motif songs in to the Montage. As for having no sequencer, I did not really use it on the Motif so I do not miss it as I used my laptop for recording up to 16 tracks, the Montage does however have a recording facility which records the live performance. To me the Montage is exceptional as a live playing synth.

lool is funny how some users are willing to purchase every new flagship Yamaha brings out.

Seeing Hanz Zimmer or Trent Rezner and many others... in their studios.

Posted : 24/02/2018 2:34 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us