Clear all

Montage with Cubase AI , can't hear playback

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Mr. Spock
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wow I haven't been active on hear since I got my Montage wow is all i can say , just trying to settle down and learn this thing , so many gems seem to be awaiting if you take the time to learn it , it's actually quite fun and exciting .

I've taken the plunge and tried to start working with Cubase Ai that came with my Montage 8 because I desperately need the loop function on the built in recorder . I hope they add it that would be so much fun .

I've followed Bad Mister's tutorials and so far so good everything seems to be working but I can't get the midi recorded into Cubase to play the Montage back .
Maybe I'm missing something because this is all new to me , can anybody help figure out whats going on ?
I can hear Montage as I play live and I can see the midi data get recorded on one of the midi tracks that I added but when I play the sequence back from Cubase I don't hear anything but I can see the meter jumping on the Montage track I just recorded midi data to .

Quick questions about Montage and Cubase Ai set up :
Does midi need to be set to multi or signal on the Montage , does that make any difference ?
One thing I notice on my Cubase set up that was different from Bad Mister's video and tutorial is on the device set up on Cubase ,
my out says inactive and I don't know how to change it to active . It says

Out : MONTAGE Port 1 Montage Port 1 x inactive .

I get a feeling this is why I don't hear the Montage on Cubase play back because on Bad Mister's screen that port says active but not sure if this even matter or not .

Posted : 29/08/2016 9:34 pm
Randy

If you go to the top menu bar and click on Devices _ VST Connections, you should see the input and output tabs. Click on the output tab and If the output port is blue and says "not connected", then click on the blue and select the output port (which should be Main R and Main L)

Posted : 29/08/2016 11:05 pm
Bad Mister

Quick questions about Montage and Cubase Ai set up :
Does midi need to be set to multi or signal on the Montage , does that make any difference ?

Yes, it does. If you are recording multiple Parts to separate tracks of Cubase, MIDI I/O Mode should be Multi.

One thing I notice on my Cubase set up that was different from Bad Mister's video and tutorial is on the device set up on Cubase ,
my out says inactive and I don't know how to change it to active . It says

Out : MONTAGE Port 1 Montage Port 1 x inactive .

I get a feeling this is why I don't hear the Montage on Cubase play back because on Bad Mister's screen that port says active but not sure if this even matter or not .

Yes, it does. If you are seeing MIDI activity that means your MIDI settings are likely correct. Audio is your other concern. you don't identify which tab you are looking at...

As Randy, mentions above, both the INPUT tab and OUTPUT tab need to be set so the Device Ports are the Montage Main L and R

If you still require help, please provide (specific) information about your setup. Computer type, Cubase version, type of connection (we assume USB but state it for the record), and when identifying a screen give its title - thanks.

Posted : 30/08/2016 6:00 am
Mr. Spock
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks it's working now 🙂

Posted : 31/08/2016 8:43 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us