Montage7 keeps freezing !

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Dar
 Dar
Topic starter

Hey guys ,

is anyone having freezing issue while browsing in " Arpeggio Mode / DrumPc "?
My Montage7 keeps freezing in " Arpeggio Mode " while I'm browsing for drum kits .
It just freezes and all knobs , buttons etc. stop functioning !
OS is the latest .

Thanks ,

Posted : 30/04/2017 7:17 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I've seen my Montage 7 freeze as you've described it for sure one time fairly recently (a week or so ago). I believe I've seen a freeze before when doing possibly "bad" MIDI communication - but the last "confirmed, not my fault" freeze I am mentioning here happened moments after a power-on. My Montage 7 was powered off, I turned it on (using the rocker switch) and the boot was normal. I went to use the data dial to advance to the next performance (or maybe pressed "live set" to choose a different performance) -- something really normal -- but the Montage froze. Knobs/buttons/etc. were all non responsive.

I didn't have any MIDI activity happening either from Montage or from any other device.

It's certainly a concern but thankfully has not been a frequent occurrence - so the marks are still relatively high in the reliability department thus far. Unknown how aging will fare over the long haul.

Posted : 30/04/2017 8:13 am
Dar
 Dar
Topic starter

Thanks Jason ,

Yeah that's what exactly is going on with mine .
One more thing . I first bought Montage6 from GuitarCenter , I used it for a week or so but I returned it to exchange with Montage7 .
My brand new Montage7 was delivered a week later by UPS , but I saw a few Damages on its box and the keyboard itself was not only damaged too , it was NOT brand new !!!! GC will get me another one .
Anyone who's buying Montage6 or Montage7 , watch for these serial numbers . Make sure you don't buy 'em as BRAND NEW !

Attached files

Posted : 30/04/2017 6:05 pm
Dar
 Dar
Topic starter

Thanks Jason ,

Yeah that's what exactly is going on with mine .
One more thing . I first bought Montage6 from GuitarCenter , I used it for a week or so but I returned it to exchange with Montage7 .
My brand new Montage7 was delivered a week later by UPS , but I saw a few Damages on its box and the keyboard itself was not only damaged too , it was NOT brand new !!!! GC will get me another one .
Anyone who's buying Montage6 or Montage7 , watch for these serial numbers . Make sure you don't buy 'em as BRAND NEW !

Attached files

Posted : 30/04/2017 6:10 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us