Clear all

MOTIF XF PERFORMANCE FILES

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Where can I buy a Pre-Loaded Memory Stick with all Motif XF Performances .X3A all files?? HOW MUCH$$$$$. Or if I get them from my xf6 can it all be done in one operation or does each one have to be done individually?

Posted : 09/02/2018 12:19 am
Stefan

Hi Gary, not 100% sure what you are after? Do you want to have a file which has all the Motif XF preset performances? If yes, then you can download them from the same site where you got the operating system update. Here is a direct link:

https://de.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/2/1159992/motf_xf_performance.zip

Here is the readme:

MOTIF XF Performances for MONTAGE

The MOTIF XF Performance Collection for MONTAGE features all 512 Preset Performances from the MOTIF XF. The Performances take on new life within MONTAGE due to advantages like Pure Analog Circuit outputs, the Motion Control Synthesis Engine, new effects and the FM-X synthesizer engine. Each Performance has four Parts leaving you an additional four Parts to add additional layers, splits, drum grooves and more.

Full MOTIF XF/XS and MOXF compatibility and the ability to load Voices and Performances from vintage FM synthesizers like DX7, DX7II, and TX816 using the FM Converter app give MONTAGE users access to more sounds than any other hardware synthesizer on Earth.

The MOTIF XF Performances for MONTAGE are available as a Library file (X7L) and a User file (X7U).

IMPORTANT!

Please back up your MONTAGE before loading the MOTIF XF Performance Collection. When you load the User format file, all User data will be replaced.

If you are after all existing ones, then I am sure that won't ever exist ;).

Or what else are you looking for?

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:55 am
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thats it the 512 Preset Performances in Motif xf. Thanks.

Posted : 10/02/2018 12:14 am
 Roy

Can I use this file to reload the original performance data to my XF8?...not to my Montage8.

Posted : 22/09/2021 7:11 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When this was requested, Montage firmware v2.5 was still months away. v2.5 added the Motif XF Performances as presets. Now these are built in.

I know this wasn't asked - but kicking up the dirt on an old message may generate some questions.

Answering Roy's question: no, the Montage files cannot be used by a Motif XF 8.

Posted : 22/09/2021 7:29 pm
 Roy

I have somehow lost my XF8 performance files. How can I find and reload them? I have the voices, not the performances.

Posted : 22/09/2021 8:05 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Backup all of your user data. A factory reset should restore Motif XF factory Performances.

Posted : 22/09/2021 10:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us