Clear all

Music Finder?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I know that the Clavinova line is totally different from the pro Montage.
I just wanted to ask if there is any resource that helps (for the Montage) in finding appropriate rhythm tracks for a song, without deep auditioning?
The Music Finder on Clavinovas helps to get close pretty quickly.

Thanks.

Posted : 03/08/2016 8:33 pm
Bad Mister

No fancy name like, Music Finder, but you can narrow your search with the [CATEGORY SEARCH] function. Music Finder does an excellent job at suggesting instrumentation and accompaniment phrases for hundreds and hundreds of song titles. I think the idea in Montage, considering the way musical phrases are on offer, is that you are to pick the phrases individually for your own composing needs, rather than trying to duplicate a specific song as with Clavinovas.

The similarity between Style data, on one hand, and Arpeggio data, on the other, is in the presentation and the concept of how they will be used. STYLE data is pre-packaged by music genre into cohesive musical grouping, full instrumentation, ready to go, just add the chord progression. ARPS on the other hand, are offered singly as individual phrases, for individual instruments, that can be combined with similar or very different phrases into unique groupings. And I think that is the idea. The phrases, if reassembled will become a cohesive style of music, but I think the idea/concept is to offer great content, in a completely flexible and reshape-able format, with chord intelligence!

Mix and match is encouraged either arpeggio. The phrases are categorized by musical genre when you begin to search.

The abbreviations hint at the complexity and original intent.
"MA" as a prefix is M = MAIN section, A = level of complexity where A is less complex thru D most complex
"MB" as prefix would be similar but slightly more complex

"FA" would be a Fill-in appropriate for an A section
"FB" would be a Fill-in to a B section, and so on

"IA" simple Introduction
"EA" simple Ending
"BA" simple Break

No matter how well they are described, at the end of the day you still have to audition them. I spin the dial and look for something that inspires me... When I find it I know, and I don't look back. I don't go hunting for something specific, that's not going to work.

Posted : 03/08/2016 9:51 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, I don't follow the question, "sort of like shift edit function"; what "shift edit function"?

Posted : 04/08/2016 5:49 pm
natalini
Estimable Member

An automatic assignment ?

Posted : 04/08/2016 8:01 pm
Bad Mister

Automatic assignment. How would that work? Perhaps you can explain why you think it it is "really time consuming" and then maybe we can help you smooth out your workflow.

Posted : 04/08/2016 11:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us