Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

My first impressions on Montage 8

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Brief Background..... 40 years old. Been playing piano since age 6. Played on most everything from an old upright at my Grandmas to a Fender Rhodes my dad purchased to a mint condition Mason and Hamlin console that still resides at my Parents house. I have been a Church Pianist/Worship Guy since 12. Bought a Roland A90 back in 1997 and have used it for Church Worship services for 11 years. Currently it is in my studio. Got Married and me and my wife were offered Worship Pastor positions at another church and soon bought a CP300, loved it. Now we have a S90 XS and I love it. Not the biggest fan of the S6 piano but that's my opinion. Been thinking about replacing the Roland A90 for a while for the studio and have played nearly everything new out there. Since I was replacing a Roland I thought I would give Roland a chance. Roland felt ok but looked cheap. I've been watching the videos of the Montage for sometime and have been playing it at my local Guitar Center for a month or so. Called Musicians Friend and struck a smokin deal on the Montage 8.

Maybe Yamaha could described me as more of a snorkeler instead of a scuba diver at this point but I am really enjoying the Montage. I have been playing it and listening to it via some Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Earphones. First things first. CFX Sounds, I actually am extremely impressed with the CFX piano samples. I think they are very detailed and as good as I have ever heard. I dig the Fender Rhodes as well as most of the other electric piano sounds I have sampled. No Complaints. Action of the Montage. Its like anything else, once you spend some quality time playing it you either love it or hate it. I love it. Organ Sounds... I have a 1969 Hammond B3 and a Leslie 145 parked right next to the Montage. Is it a B3? No. Is the Leslie simulator as good as my Leslie? No... But it is a great alternative. Hopefully in the future our church will be able to replace my S90 with a Montage.

One thing I like about the Montage is that it is definitely over my head at the present time. Learning curve for sure is there. Looking forward to the challenge. That creates drive within me to dig in and learn something new and expand my horizons so that I can be a better musician and more knowledgeable about the tool that I use to create music. My passion is music, specifically Church Worship. I expect the Depth of the Montage to stretch me and become more of a scuba diver before long. Thanks to everyone who knows more than I do that has the wisdom to ask the questions that make me think that I need to dive further in. To Andy Z thanks again for all of the help you have given through the past couple of years with my S90. Glad I made the purchase. Glad I got the free pedals. Glad to be smitten by the Montage. 😉

Posted : 30/06/2016 7:49 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us