Clear all

my version is V1.5

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Is it needful to do V1.6 or does V2.0 include everything to totally update?

Posted : 08/02/2018 8:58 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Montage firmware does not accumulate. Every update replaces everything you need. Version 1.5 allows for you to save a backup file (X7A) - so do that first. The update is going to wipe all your user data and probably libraries too.

Posted : 08/02/2018 10:09 pm
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

How to load 2.0 from MacBook Pro to memory stick? I already formatted in montage also If I dont have any add in files as in my montage is as it came new except the Bosendorfer down load is it necessary to back up??

Posted : 10/02/2018 2:32 am
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I finally got the V2.0 on memory stick but not know what to do to put it in Montage. Anyone out there?

Posted : 10/02/2018 3:13 am
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

What am I supposed to see to tell if it went in?
I do see Montage 2.0 on the screen but Version still says 1.5. I also saw 448.mb. so it went somewhere but why no change in version and this thing still new to me I dont know what is supposed to be different.

Posted : 10/02/2018 3:16 am
Stefan

Gary, first make a backup. How to do it is described in the manual coming with this OS update. It’s in the section for the 1.5 update - when this function was added. Doing the backup is not necessary if you only have the Bosendorfer but probably easier and safer anyway.

Then follow the steps described in the readme which comes with the update itself. It’s well explained there.

Posted : 10/02/2018 3:18 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I typed up a big long message (started a new topic) to detail how to update firmware with pictures. The title was something easy to search for. Took too long, so Yamahasynth booted me and gave some "token" error. So rather than go through that process again - reference:

https://medium.com/@jehoshaphatia/how-to-update-yamaha-montage6-montage7-montage8-synthesizers-operating-system-to-version-1-50-bf4bd6a79bca

I would only add that you should - since you have v1.5 - make a backup (.X7A) file which will contain not only user but also library data if you have those occupied.

I recommend copying the backup file to your computer's hard disk before going any further and also email yourself an attachment of the file or otherwise put the backup into the cloud as further fail-safe.

Posted : 10/02/2018 8:23 am
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason, I down loaded the file and it said it was 149.7 Mb but when I installed it the amount was 446mb. And it would not execute the update. I opened the file and deleted everything but the 149.7 file and tried again and it says it is now updated. But I am not familiar enough with what is in there to know what is new. Where do I find the new Performances?

Posted : 10/02/2018 9:39 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us