need help with Web MIDI.

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi, am I finally in the process of transfering sounds from my DX7IID. Unfortunatley, this is where the screen ends for me with web MIDI (see attached screenshot).
The insctructions say to select the sounds I want to convert. But nothing can be selected. So now what?

Attached files

Posted : 09/01/2017 1:18 pm
Bad Mister

Did you initiate the bulk dump from the DX7II?
How is your DX connected to your computer?
For specific questions on the FM Converter you can email Yamaha.

"The Yamaha FM Converter allows you to use contents from the DX7, DX7II, TX802 and TX216/816 on your new Montage, instantly expanding the creative possibilities with thousands of additional sounds! Please see the User Guide for additional information and how to use the converter. For issues, please email bisrael@yamaha.com."

Posted : 09/01/2017 1:36 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

well, it was much easier to just get that bank with another software and then convert it. the converter works fine - the web midi I´m not so sure

Posted : 09/01/2017 5:43 pm
Bad Mister

Did you initiate the bulk dump from the DX7II?
How is your DX connected to your computer?
Did you solve your issue?

Posted : 09/01/2017 5:50 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

the DX7II was connected to my soundcard with midi in and out cables. in the instructions it says you only need to do a manual bulk dump on the DX7 but not on the DX7II. as we see on the screenshot, the voice data was "received" by web MIDI. there was also a message on the synth "completed". But that´s where the story ended.

I stopped bothering with it and resolved the issue by transferring the sysex with a dx7 librarian and converting these files. which worked. now my old DX7II is sold and gone. So, I won´t need web MIDI anymore. Maybe others have better luck with it.

Posted : 10/01/2017 1:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us