Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

New editor/liberian released for Montage by Sound Quest

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

The Midi Quest application by Sound Quest has just released a new editor/liberian for Montage. This editor/liberian can manage most aspects of Montage, like full control of all SysEx parameters for a Performance and also full control and access to all Performances in all Preset, User and Lib banks. The most powerful thing is maybe that it can be opened as a VST/AU/AAX plugin. This makes it possible to have full control of the selection of Performances and also the possibility to edit any parameter in Montage from inside a DAW.

Posted : 09/01/2021 3:03 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Price range is $160-$400 USD depending on the level of product.

Posted : 10/01/2021 8:54 am
Werner

Was also interested in buying this software but decided against it after reading some reviews. The software is stated mostly as unstable, buggy and the instrument definitions seems to be developed without proper testing with the real instrument (only using the spec).

Are there here any with real experience?

Posted : 10/01/2021 9:38 am
Topic starter

I have had Midi Quest (MQ) for many years now and the program is working fine for the Synth editors that I use. Maybe there are problems with some MQ editors, but it is always possible to have problems fixed quite fast by Sound Quest.
I can say that the Montage editor, that I now have used only for some days, is working very well for me, so far. I have seen that I now can have instant access and possibility to select any of my Montage Performance from the libraries (Preset, User and Lib). There are also good search options to find Performances. A very good thing about MQ editors, is the possibility to use them as a plugin in a DAW and that is also the case for the Montage editor and that gives the abillity to have access to all Montage Performances in a very comfortable way. It is then easy edit the sounds in a very flexible way. It seems as all parameters in Montage are possible to edit from the MQ Montage editor. The hard thing can be to find the parameters in the edtor you are after, as there are so many panels and the parameters might not always be located where you expect them.

Below is a screen shot of the MQ Montage editor plugin in Cubase.

Posted : 10/01/2021 3:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us