Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

New Montage anytime soon...?

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes

This is a synth and should have useless sound effects. If you want a piano sound there are already plenty or buy a piano

I agree that synths should maintain the useless sound effects for those who have older patches that utilize them, but I'm paying $5750.00 for a Montage 8 that is a state of the art Synth that should also include the best software based effects on the planet, and also the best pianos and other sounds. I am primarily a piano player who happens to also love synth, organ and other sounds. I feel that if I'm paying that kind of money for the best Synth, I want it to have available more than just 2 pianos with varying versions. So there is always room for more pianos and more than plenty is not too much!
This synth has to compete with Korg's Kronos (& whatever they come out with in the future), as well as Roland, Nord, etc. So Yamaha should add the best pianos, and in particular the C7, giving them some new hype they can use for marketing both the Montage and MODX series keyboards. They have the C7 on the Genos, the CP88, and it should also be a piano on the Montage/MODX as well!

I had added this feature idea/request to YamahaSynth Ideascale a few months back. Hoping it becomes a reality!
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Yamaha-C7-Grand-Piano-Library-for-Montage-MODX/220797-45978#idea-tab-comments

Why is there only 1Gb of user space ? I have 256Gb on my CAD station and I would double it to 512Gb if there were room on the MoBo to put them on. Considering memory is so cheap, would it kill Yamaha to put in, say, 16Gb for user space ? This just 1 VERY SMALL nvram chip. Just pull out that 1Gb chip and replace it with a 16Gb or , maybe, even a 32Gb chip.

Posted : 04/08/2019 3:42 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hi Manuel - not sure that would help. I use a 32Gb USB stick, on which there are currently 48 sound libraries in various stages of construction. If they were all on the Montage then selection would get confusing and the Category Search button would wear out pretty quick! When I bought the Montage, I too felt that 1.8 Gb was niggardly, but in practice it works well by keeping the current project concentrated, so to speak. Maybe I've just got used to it (3 years now), but I no longer regard the memory space as a limitation.

Posted : 04/08/2019 7:58 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us