Clear all

New OS and Montage White Reminds me a new synth is on its way

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

The introduction of the white Montage and the new OS, brings the end of MOTIF XF series back. It seems we will soon see a new synth.

Let's hope that Yamaha focuses on addressing key issues in hardware and software. Resolving the issues that existed since the MOTIF series and Yamaha never had the gut to fix them.

Posted : 24/09/2019 10:32 am
Darryl
Prominent Member

The only new physical synth you will see is Montage WH. I get it that many times a company will do things in the past and then repeat the same cycle, but before I bought the Montage I did 8 months of research, participating in a lot of different forums, and it seems that Yamaha have shifted and are doing things differently today from the past, as they have found a better way to delivery a revolutionary synth without having to re-engineer the hardware so often. Their focus is on software updates for the Montage/MODX series. That is their roadmap. I heard a lot of people saying that the Montage is EOL over the past 6 months because they didn't hold out hope for a new OS that they felt was way too far overdue, but I felt strongly based on what I knew that Yamaha were sticking to their new roadmap and would continue with software updates...something no company has done in the past to the extent that Yamaha plan to do. They already have another software update in the works for the Montage/MODX, as Blake was on here a month or two ago saying he would take an issue back to the developers to have them fix it.

I don't think we will be waiting quite as long for the next update either...

Posted : 24/09/2019 11:52 am
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Well I guess Montage II is the next synth. Not all of the hardware limitations can be resolved by software updates.

Also MIDI 2.0 standard will be a major update which can potentially be in Montage II.

Posted : 24/09/2019 1:26 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

MIDI 2.0 was already demonstrated on a customized Montage (current generation). See the MIDI 2.0 demo youtube videos during the MIDI 2.0 event many months ago.

... not that there are any plans to release to the public - just that current hardware appears to support it.

Posted : 24/09/2019 1:30 pm
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I still believe that there will be a new hardware. MOTIF series also used to get updates within a similar time frame.

Posted : 24/09/2019 9:52 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

No platform lasts forever. You have to retire gear when single-source components go EOL or memory technology advances leaving you with no qualed components or a costly verification job. Or...

Posted : 25/09/2019 1:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us