Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

New release of the John Melas Tools and his Waveform Editor! And now they are accessible for blind and visually impaired users

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello to all,

the new John Melas Tools and the Waveform Editor are released yesterday.

The tools in version 1.5.0 and the Waveform Editor in version 1.3.0.

The accessibility function is only working with Windows PC.

The workflow is very easy to use.

If someone knows a blind or visually impaired user please tell her or him about this great tools.

Thanks to John that he make this happen.

Now for us it is posible to program our own Performances and store it to the machine and all other stuff to program sounds, Effects etc.

Rainer

Posted : 31/10/2019 2:29 pm

Whay is Yamaha for all ther users of yamaha Montage, Modx, MOTIF series get for free this software for edit multisamples. Whay i must Buy New Yamaha Montage spend 2900EUR and give some JOHN MELAS 60EUR for the SAMPLE EDITOR FOR MY NEW YAMAHA MONTAGE WHY ?

Posted : 31/10/2019 6:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

That's a 2.1% tax.

I'm not so much concerned about the numbers here - but I do agree the experience would have been better if the tools associated with using the features of Montage were free with perhaps an upgrade model (like Cubase AI) for more advanced features. At least free for the sampling editor - since it's a feature we "lost" generation to generation for on-board usage.

Montage can avail themselves to Samplerobot - which fills in some of this gap.

Posted : 31/10/2019 8:51 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello,

whenn You buy the Tools the updates are free. And as a blind user You have no chance to work directly on the hardware. I think no one can remember all the displays diagrams in his head. And in these days Firmware updates are posible.

The oder instruments do not have a update function like the SY99. Correctm me if I'm wrong.

For me as a blind user it is the first time that I can put hands on FM programming.

And the Tolls are very helpful for everyone because it makes a lot of work easier as You can do in the Montage directly.

Rainer

Posted : 31/10/2019 9:13 pm
Stefan

Whay is Yamaha for all ther users of yamaha Montage, Modx, MOTIF series get for free this software for edit multisamples. Whay i must Buy New Yamaha Montage spend 2900EUR and give some JOHN MELAS 60EUR for the SAMPLE EDITOR FOR MY NEW YAMAHA MONTAGE WHY ?

I completely agree. I also don't understand that when I bought an iPhone for 1000 € Apple IS NOT GIVING ME ALL THE APPS FOR FREE.

On a more serious note: As per internet etiquette writing things in capital letters is the same as shouting. I am not sure if you are aware of that, but I assume you are. Yamaha positioned the Montage not as an immediate successor to the Motif but a new instrument with tons of new capabilities but also some things which were in the Motif but not in the Montage. Yamaha never promised to have editing capabilities for multi sampling. They never claimed it would come. All the descriptions and manuals are freely available. So you have all the information available to you to make a decision if you want to buy a Montage or not. In addition Yamaha in the meantime made available the Sample Robot for free for the Montage, which is very nice and as Jason writes addresses some of the features you would like to see. Try it, maybe that's all you need.

So I personally think there is nothing to be upset about. I can totally agree with you that it would be nice to have that capability. And considering that some of the features which the Motifs had and the Montage did not have have been added via firmware update in the meantime, the multisampling editor may come - maybe. Requesting features here or at Ideascale may help - it has helped for the OS 3.0 in many areas. So I suggest you do that. Shouting will probably not help. Sorry if I misinterpreted your formatting as shouting, if it was not meant as such.

But in the meantime, adding 60 € is not the world when you have spent 2900 € on the Montage. If that feature is the world to you by JM's tools. They are really good...

Posted : 01/11/2019 11:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us