New Rotary Simulation update question

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

That's exciting that the new Montage IOS will have improvements on the Rotary Simulation. Does anyone know if that is a new/different effect that will need re-programming into each performance from scratch, or will they seamlessly just replace the old without the need for any intervention at all?

Can't wait to hear the changes... thanks Yamaha!!

Posted : 24/01/2017 11:30 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, if you talk about the new Rotary speaker 2 FX,, , it's a new Fx and the Rotary speaker 1 stay in place.
16 new performances have been done, using Rotary Speaker 2.
When you start a new user performance you can change if you want a part using rotary speaker 1 by rotary speaker 2 it' will be your choice.

You have also 3 new compressors add tand the Presence FX.

Posted : 25/01/2017 6:03 am
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

That's great to hear, though too bad we have to switch out the FX manually. Thanks for the info Joel.

Posted : 25/01/2017 8:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Think of it from the other side. If I had livesets including presets for my nightly gigs, I would not appreciate having a firmware update changing my sounds. It's better policy in my opinion to offer new performances to showcase the new effects and leave the old ones alone. Only exception would be say the assign 2 button was never used on an organ preset AND the new effect does not displace another one - then I think it would be OK to use that to turn on or off the new effect (modify an existing preset to extend functionality).

Posted : 25/01/2017 8:57 pm
Bad Mister

The new Rotary Speaker algorithm is in addition to, not in replacement of the previous type.

Posted : 26/01/2017 5:38 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Was addressing a user who thought it would be good policy to take a new addition and peanut butter spread it across the existing performances that use the previous rotary speaker - not what Yamaha implemented as I'm sure the update doesn't touch the old performances' chosen effects.

Posted : 26/01/2017 11:20 am
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I appreciate your explanation Jason, makes sense. Thanks also to BM.

Posted : 27/01/2017 8:45 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us