Notifications
Clear all

New to FM Programming? Useful Links...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael
Topic starter

I'm considering picking up a Montage in the future.

One area I am totally clueless in is FM programming. Thought I'd share a couple of links I am finding very useful in understanding FM synthesis:

1. Out of Print DX7 Programming resources (includes Massey's "The Complete DX7", Chowney et al's "FM Theory and Applications - For Musicians by Musicians", DX7 patches)
2. NI FM8 Programming Tutorials 'Good if you have NI FM to practice on

Looking forward (hopefully) to BM et al to do a series on FM-X Programming articles/videos specific to Montage...

Cheers.

Posted : 29/04/2016 6:42 pm
 Pär

There is an article on the history of Yamaha FM synths and the first part of a tutorial of the Montage (≈ FS1R) implementation in the Music Production Guide #3/2016, see http://www.easysounds.eu/mpghistory/history_en.htm#2016.

BTW, I think Yamaha should release an online edition of the Chowning/Bristow book, perhaps with wiki features, so that users could add comments and sections related to newer FM synths and FM synthesis in general. Then there would be no need to revise the text.

Posted : 30/04/2016 5:34 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us