Clear all

Next firmware update — suggestions

110 Posts
54 Users
0 Likes
14.2 K Views
EXer
 EXer

Bring back the full sequencer functions.

Posted : 23/07/2016 8:02 am
 Jan
Eminent Member

Press [UTILITY] > "Settings" > "MIDI I/O" > Set CONTROLLER RESET = HOLD

Perfect for the live volume control. But is there also a way to do this just for the FC7/controller 1/volume and NOT for the FC7/controller 2/MC ?

Posted : 24/07/2016 5:07 am
 Jan
Eminent Member

On the Montage 8 I do not need a transpose octave/+12 switch, as the pitch-adjustment can be set for each part.
But when playing live there sometimes needs to be a temporary adjustment of just +1 or -1. This requires both hands (Shift + Transpose).

Is there a way to set the default to +1 instead of +12?
And can the warning-light be shown when out of tune (e.g. +1) without first pressing shift?

Posted : 24/07/2016 5:12 am
 Jan
Eminent Member

The centered display leaves a lot of space above and below the screen. I use a 7" tablet for score. Now it has to be put on the left or right empty space (logo-area), but it would be nice if it could be positioned in the middle. So move the current screen-position. It would be even better to have a built-in double screen: one for the control of the machine and one for peeking user-data like PDF-files.

Posted : 24/07/2016 5:19 am
 Phil
Eminent Member

I agree with the transpose point - I can't think of any time when playing live that I've had to change octave on the fly but many instances when I've needed to move by a semitone or more (normally to accommodate singers!). It would also be better if it was a note shift rather than a transpose so it also took the key ranges of the parts into consideration as well.

Having said that I'm not sure if Yamaha would implement this as the the transpose and shift is printed on the keyboard itself and I can't see them changing the functionality of buttons that identify what they do.

Posted : 24/07/2016 7:57 am
Trusted Member

Now the part zone key is defined in a unique bottom and top notes. I suggest to implement also a zone where the zone key have a smooth transition from max volume to zero volume. It is very useful to smooth transit in a zone from a sound to the other in a very nice way. I had this function in my last roland workstation and it works very efficient.

Posted : 24/07/2016 5:42 pm
Bernd

Erased by Bernd #2

Posted : 24/07/2016 6:19 pm
Kiwi
 Kiwi

Bernd, you don't need to waste the resources of change.org for that.

Posted : 24/07/2016 7:15 pm
Bernd

Erased by Bernd #2

Posted : 24/07/2016 8:57 pm
Jeremy

allow assignment of Part Output eg usb 1&2, usb 3&4 straight from the mixer screen instead of having to go in to each part then edit then change the assignment.

Posted : 24/07/2016 11:51 pm
Kiwi
 Kiwi

Bernd wrote:

Leave it with me. Go jump in a lake. I can´t see anything wrong with that petition. I like it a lot. The recorder in its present state is a complete and utter PITA.

Okay, Mr. Clueless.

Posted : 25/07/2016 3:41 am
 Paul

Bad Mister wrote:

My wish for next update. A proper looping function with the recorder.

A direct Performance Recorder does not Loop, it records your Performance in one pass and stops... You then export your data to a DAW -where you can loop it, if you wish.

I totally understand the fact that an integrated sequencer will not be usefull in the Montage. Daw's sequencer are clearly more powerful and practical to use. The direct link with Cubase is wonderful, just the perfect way to use sequencer.

But I don't really understand the logic of Yamaha withthe recorder. Why did you put a recorder in the Montage if there is no loop? You added features like rewriting and even part rewriting but no loop?? Damn it it the biggest missing option of the Montage... In this case why did you implemented a recorder? If your objective is that the Montage have to be a synthetiser only , to go allong with your logic the recording option have no longer to be. You can record your Performance with a DAW too !
Enven in live performance loop recording has a lot of utility like allow and develop full creation and inspiration which is the first sense of the Montage! It is full part of live creation 🙂

I hope Yamaha will implement this fonction, the Montage would be the perfect synth performance ever created 🙂 This will definitively make me to by one!!

Posted : 27/07/2016 10:25 am
 Paul

Dear badmister thanks for your answer 🙂
I can feel your passion and your expertise in your comment that's wonderful.

I think I understand more the philosophy of Yamaha with your explanation. Tell me if i'am wrong but the Montage is finely dedicated to sound exploration not for song creation as strictly spoken. The recorder as a stand alone of the Montage is only here to capture the interpretation on the sound only. If we want to do song creation the direct link to Cubase for example is the solution.

That's a thing i can understand. But i think it is worried that Yamaha don't let the choice of the customers to use the Montage as they want. For my opinion this is a very powerful synth with so many features but this missing option restrain so much the utilisation of what we can do with it... That's so more practical to do everything we want in the same hardware, forcing using a computer for a such simple fonction limit the creation on my way.
To give you a anti- example: you want to work easily on your sound, you first record a loop record and then you test all the parameters you want to adjust your sound to make it as you expect. You don't have to focus on the song performance, just on the sound m. It is much more practical!! Do you see what i mean?

We are so many people to request this function , i hope sincerely that you will hear your customers 🙂

Posted : 28/07/2016 12:33 pm
Trusted Member

Add shortcut between part effect screen and performance effect screen

Posted : 03/08/2016 5:05 am
Christine

A couple of things to add to the wish list 🙂

1. Motion sequence control of the FM algorithm (this might sound mad but the Volca FM can do it and it's really nice)
2. Sine wave forms in the LFOs

Posted : 10/08/2016 11:03 am
Page 5 / 8
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us