Notifications
Clear all

Next firmware update — suggestions

110 Posts
54 Users
0 Likes
14.2 K Views

Hi Yamaha

As a Yamaha dealer salesman, I would strongly recomend you create an update on the Montage models that would allow a user to quickly Transpose the keyboard without the need to hold the "Shift" button in. It would be best to invert the function so a user would have to hold the Shift button to change Octaves rather than Transpose. Unfortunately, this was a dealbreaker for a potential customer. It's an amazing board but without the functions that some people need, it doesn't meet their needs. Even if you create a way to allow the user to decide if they would rather hold shift for Octave or Transpose would be best. I litterally had a customer walk away because of this. Please update this feature right away so I can call the customer back to make a purchase as I told them I would if Yamaha changes this function.

Thank You,
Kevin

Posted : 22/03/2018 11:57 am
 Tho
Trusted Member

Kevin wrote:

Hi Yamaha

As a Yamaha dealer salesman, I would strongly recomend you create an update on the Montage models that would allow a user to quickly Transpose the keyboard without the need to hold the "Shift" button in. It would be best to invert the function so a user would have to hold the Shift button to change Octaves rather than Transpose. Unfortunately, this was a dealbreaker for a potential customer. It's an amazing board but without the functions that some people need, it doesn't meet their needs. Even if you create a way to allow the user to decide if they would rather hold shift for Octave or Transpose would be best. I litterally had a customer walk away because of this. Please update this feature right away so I can call the customer back to make a purchase as I told them I would if Yamaha changes this function.

Thank You,
Kevin

I totally agree with you,...I'd like to see the transpose key appears on the screen and what's type of chord on the screen as well.

Thanks

Posted : 22/03/2018 7:12 pm

In any case if yamaha decides to make a modification on the activation of the transposition, that it leaves especially the choice to keep it as it is currently. It's a safety on stage so that you do not suddenly find yourself in a different tone than your musical partners.
If a customer does not buy the Montage just because of that, too bad for him, he does not deserve this instrument.

Posted : 22/03/2018 11:21 pm
 CHAD

Dear Yamaha,

A big one I would like to see as a fix/improvement is:

Play while load capability/feature

They keyboard can't really do anything at all when it's loading a sample library etc...from a USB drive. This has the possibility of being quick or a couple of minutes sometimes depending on what it is being loaded and how large. Several old samplers/workstations such as ENSONIQ had this ability decades ago amongst others, so it has and can be done.

So...I would absolutely request a play while load feature be implemented into the OS Firmware so that can you at least continue playing the keyboard or doing something on it while it's loading progress bar thing is chugging along to remove the current limitation of how the screen remains tied up and renders the keyboard unusable and unplayable. In a live performance I do not want down time where my instrument can't be played at all, I'd like to be at the very least continue to play the current sound that's selected or at least be able to have a choice to exit back out to the Live Set/Performances even as filler time for some house/stalling music playing while you're waiting because it's loading something and the instrument is unusable. This should be an easy fix/add to the OS/Firmware. It's a slight multi-task feature to enable. Allow loading to become a background process. I think this one would be quite popular with Montage owners and for stage performers where an instrument's performance and response timing is critical. I think it would be a no-brainer and a big hit to add.

Posted : 30/03/2018 7:50 pm
Eminent Member

what about the ability to assign tempo to a rotary dial / superknob rather than having to dive into the screen and dial change the tempo

Posted : 30/03/2018 8:03 pm
Page 8 / 8
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us