Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Open letter to the Montage engineers

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Speaking on behalf of at least a dozen touring musicians, we ask you to take the parts count up a notch. Most of us use the Kronos 2 and while we understand the lack of a dedicated sequencer/ sampler, we can't get beyond the limited 8 parts at any given time. The Kronos can go upwards of 8 although limited (Somewhat) by the CPU. With all your new wonderful sounds i.e. CTX and other layered instruments, there's simply not enough latitude for most of us to jump ship yet. Yes you can say there's always the dual keyboard option, or using the FX side to thicken things up, or add instruments via elements but if one is truly looking for magical fine sounding acoustical instruments with multiple layers and splits, 8 assignable parts as you call them is not enough for those of us looking for a new performance oriented synth. And, breaking down a wonderful sounding multi layered instrument just to make room is a step in the wrong direction. I have been reading that there are others on this forum looking to do the same so my mates and I aren't the only ones looking for more parts. Your machine is a 16 multi timbral unit with good processing speeds so the hardware is up to the challange. The idea of using a Midi jumper is a bandaid approach but proves it can be done more or less. I think there would be many more of us currently on the fence regarding Montage that would jump in if this one feature could be included in a future update. 16 assignable keyboard controlled parts would seal the deal for me and others.

Posted : 25/06/2016 10:47 pm
david
Reputable Member

What's wrong with my bandaid MIDI patch cable? 😉 I think Tony Stark could super change this thing to a holographic interface with 32 parts but all we need is 16 for now.

Posted : 25/06/2016 11:00 pm
 Dave
Eminent Member

Agreed. Would also like to see David's solution streamlined into the same existing software flow chart as opposed to jumping and remembering to toggle switches. Having all 16 parts incorporated into the existing framework would be great. Glad to see that there are quite a few people wanting the same thing. Let's hope that Yamaha reads along with us on here. The one thing I like is that there seems to be a lot of room for updates and improvements on the montage hardware. And yes David I agree, 16 should be the minimum in this day and age. The montage has faster and better hardware than the Korg, shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure there are many times a live musician wants a great sounding multi layered instrument combined with other layers and such including other multi layered ones.

Posted : 26/06/2016 12:11 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us