Clear all

Orange Buttons Cosmetic Defect?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Most of the orange buttons on the right side of my Montage look fine. But a few of them apparently have the light source misaligned so that only part of the button is lit, and there's sort of a target pattern visible on the button. Everything works, so it's just a cosmetic defect.

I'm curious whether this is common on Montages, or if I just got "lucky."

Posted : 25/05/2016 6:17 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I talked to Sweetwater today (they sold me my Montage). They're totally willing to replace the one I have once they get their next shipment in. Great people to work with. But I'm wondering if it will be worth the trouble to do that, or if all Montages have this light source misalignment for the orange buttons on the right side.

Here's a picture of the worst-aligned orange button on my Montage. It's the one labeled 4/4. It occurred to me that a picture might be worth a thousand words in this situation.

I'd really appreciate it if some of you can tell me whether any of your orange buttons are like this.

Thanks…

Posted : 26/05/2016 1:26 am
 Gary
Eminent Member

Hello Michael,

I agree that the folks over at Sweetwater are great to work with and have incredible customer service.

My "4/4" button does not appear to look the same.

G

Attached files

Posted : 26/05/2016 12:00 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Yesterday, a new Montage from Sweetwater was delivered to my house. The button lights are all fine on the new one. I packed up the old one in the box from the new one, and UPS picked it up today to go back to Sweetwater. All shipping was paid for by Sweetwater.

I think I may have been a victim of an early manufacturing defect with that first Montage. While the 4/4 button was the worst one, many of the buttons on the old Montage showed concentric rings of brightness. There's nothing like that on the new one. All of the buttons have a really even and pleasant soft glow.

I can't say enough about how good the support from Sweetwater is. I can't imagine why I would ever buy music gear from anyone else.

Posted : 30/07/2016 12:14 am
Scott

Sweetwater knows how to do business. πŸ™‚ Now to go make sure my Montage doesn't have the little light issue.

Posted : 30/07/2016 3:06 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us