Notifications
Clear all

OS upgrade question

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 YaTu
Topic starter

in the yamaha montage page link: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/montage/
In the section where upgrade 1.51 features are described ... at the bottom just before the features section, there's a note in red that says the following:

Important Notice about MONTAGE OS v1.50

If you already installed MONTAGE OS v1.50, please update to MONTAGE OS v1.51.

my current OS version of firmware is: 1.20 ... Question: Is it a must to upgrade to 1.50 before moving up to 1.51? If so, I can't find any link that points me
to the 1.50 firmware ...
please help

Attached files

Posted : 10/05/2017 3:38 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello YaTu - no need to do v1.50 first, just go directly from v1.20 to v1.51, but be sure your USB has NOTHING on it but the upgrade file itself - no manuals or any other stuff at all. To be sure format the USB on the Montage as well.

Posted : 10/05/2017 5:58 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The "must upgrade" note is because 1.50 has what was deemed to be a critical bug and therefore Yamaha would prefer no Montage keep v1.50. The critical bug was fixed in v1.51 - so they are strongly urging anyone with v1.50 to upgrade to v1.51. If you have an earlier version - you can still upgrade (straight to the latest version) - there are lots of benefits to doing so since v1.5x represents a major overhaul. There is just less urgency to do it as you will not be doing it to fix a critical bug - but rather to gain some new features.

Backup your data first.

Posted : 10/05/2017 7:47 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us