Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Pattern Seqencer & DAW

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

This, in fact, is a wish as well as a suggestion.

I learnt a lot from the video series (below) that feature Phil on how to record MIDI on to the DAW using the Montage. Not only was it educational in terms of MIDI recording on DAW but also included basic maneuvering around the performances. The 4 part series is an effective visual guide, which is so informative and so much clear to a novice like me in order to get hold of the basics (with lots of do's & don't s as well as insights into the technical behaviour of both the Montage and the computer when one is recording MIDI).

It was also fun to listen to the 4-part loop that he played and recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvT6zXOb5W0

Now my request to Bad Mister is to help chaps like me further by doing a similar video as to how to use the OS 3.0 Pattern Sequencer and how to integrate the recorded loops with a DAW afterwards. It will be great to have the procedure shown and demonstrated by him in a video.

Would you be able to kindly do us the favour, Phil?

Thank you.

Posted : 25/10/2019 5:26 am
Bad Mister

Here is the article series put together to take you through the new Pattern Record addition to the Performance Recorder:

Mastering MONTAGE/MODX: Pattern Sequencer Feature

Pattern Sequencer: Workflow

Read through them, they would serve as my script, if I were to shoot a video. That is how they are written, as if showing someone the new Pattern Sequencer... including how it fits with both the MIDI (linear) Song Recorder, the Audio Record to USB stick, and of course, the new Pattern Sequencer feature.

It is followed by several shorter articles on some of the key features.

Posted : 25/10/2019 11:12 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us