Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Pedal Expression (but FC7) for Montage. M-Audio Works, Behringer Not. Any Suggest ?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi All,
i Tried 2 pedal Expression I own for use with montage.
- M-Audio Ex-P works correctly. But it's a cheap Control Pedal.
- Behringer FCV-100, instead, works in bad way. The Super Knob moves ... but only about from 100/127 to 127/127. In pratice, the circle around the superknob moves between full circle and (full circle least 2 lines), when pedal goes from all pressed to all up.
Any suggest ?
Maybe it's possibile to set Montage to accept the pedal ?
Maybe it's possibile to switch polarity of Fcv100 ? How build a cable to invert polarity ?
Best Regards and Thanks in advance.

Please dont' suggest to buy an FC7 i think a Top Keyboard as Montage could be compatibile with a lot range of Pedals.

Posted : 06/11/2017 12:41 pm
 Sean
Eminent Member

That behringer pedal has a min vol dial. Try adjusting that.

Posted : 06/11/2017 12:56 pm
Topic starter

I know.
It's the first thing I checked.
Min Vol is on Zero .... and i Tried to turn all the dial.
Thanks.

Posted : 06/11/2017 1:33 pm
Bad Mister

Please dont' suggest to buy an FC7 i think a Top Keyboard as Montage could be compatibile with a lot range of Pedals.

I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear it... but in spite of what you think, you are wrong.

Owners of MONTAGE who desire to get the full use of their instrument get yourself a genuine Yamaha FC7 pedal. So you will not have to guess and wonder am I getting full response; am I damaging my instrument; why guess?

You’ve purchased the best race car in the world, and you want to use brand x tires, why? What do you gain? Get the recommended accessories and truly enjoy your ride!

For all other users: I highly recommend two (2) FC7s (they can be linked via a plate on the bottom), an FC3A (half damper sustain pedal) and an FC5 (momentary FS)

The FC3A and FC7 are like standard recommended equipment for full enjoyment of MONTAGE Motion Control experience... any momentary FS can be substituted for an FC5. But without an FC3A and an FC7 you miss out on the full experience. A second FC7 gives you a full time volume in addition to a programmable/Super Knob capable Foot Controller.

And no, no one at Yamaha plans on you using anything but the recommended pedals... in spite of what one may think.

Posted : 06/11/2017 1:45 pm
Topic starter

Mmm.... not good.
Clavia Keyboards, for examples, let to set the
5 - CONTROL PEDAL TYPE gives you a range of
options corresponding to the most common
makes and models. Possible settings are: Roland
EV7, Yamaha FC7, KORG EXP2, KORG
XVP10, Boss FV500L and Fatar SL

I will search for an Expensive Fc7 pedal... buying another Foot Controller.

Posted : 06/11/2017 1:52 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi as you say, Montage is a top Keyboard, he need a top pedal, and not a cheap one.like Behringer πŸ˜‰

Yes FC7 is expensive, i have 4 of them, since 10 years for two of them and they always work without any problem (two for Montage, two foor Motif XF, before it was for XS).
Expensive, yes but top quality and enduring.

Posted : 06/11/2017 2:40 pm
 A.

Hello,

I have a MOXF6 and i'm trying to configure an expression pedal. I have tried with M-Audio EX-P and Yamaha EP-I.

Noone of these pedals work when I try to set the Volume control.

I know that the second one is a very old pedal. I don't know if it is relevant. But the first one is a new pedal and I think that It should work with this keyboard.

Do you have any suggestion?

Sorry for my question if it is done before

Thanks in advance

Posted : 02/05/2019 6:16 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us