Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Pedal Steel Guitar patches for new Montage?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Midi
Topic starter

Hey guys, congrats on a fantastic job with your new flagship synth Montage.

We really loved the new Montage synth especially the tele guitar/s example (featuring Blake) from the Naam video WOW!!! purchaesd Montage synth same day. This is really an exciting piece of kit and appears to be a fundamental game changer on many levels.

Hoping there will be some nice pedal steel guitars baked in when Christmas gets here (early) in May
Thanks again, for making such an incredible instrument
Midisale.com

Posted : 11/02/2016 7:26 am
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member

Have you had any success generating your own pedal steel sound on the Montage? I need it myself for an upcoming show.

Thanks!
Gary

Posted : 26/10/2016 4:51 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

FYI - I'm never really happy with what comes out of Yamaha's Pedal Steel Guitar waveforms/voices/performances - so I typically end up using one of the many guitar sounds that, at least to my ears, replicates the basic sound of a pedal steel guitar better. Of course, there is some editing involved on the effects side.

There's just something about the blindfold test of the stock "pedal steel" offerings that sounds way off. Maybe it's because it's not my genre and I haven't heard what enthusiasts consider to be the best pedal steel sound.

Beyond that - certainly control is the next issue. And I usually do an aggressive pitch bend and "morph" the chord with my hand as the control although I'd want to offload some of this manual business to some automation - which is somewhat available in other offerings out there. This is alluding to my other thread.

Posted : 26/10/2016 11:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us