Notifications
Clear all

Performance volume not saving

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Christine
Topic starter

I'm sure I saw someone on here with the opposite problem, but I can't find it now.

If I set the volume of a Performance in either Performance|Mixing|Mst or Performance|Edit-Common/Audio it doesn't seem to be saved with the Performance - when I recall it the volume always resets to 127.

These are not existing presets they are performances I've set up myself, and other changes I make do get saved (So I know I'm recalling the right one).

I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what, some of my Performances are waayy louder than others and it's a nuisance to have to carefully pull down the volumes of each Part individually to get them to match for a gig.

Can anyone help?

Posted : 12/06/2017 11:44 am
Christine
Topic starter

AHA! It's on the Live Set edit page. I knew if I posted the question here I'd find the answer on my own 😉

Sorry for the noise.

Posted : 12/06/2017 12:07 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Right - if a performance is in the live set then live set has a volume which will override the performance of the level. This is a feature, for one usage, is to allow to compensate for performance-to-performance variation that may be more easily programmed into the liveset rather than editing the performances themselves. Plus, there may be a reason why you would want to "boost" one performance vs. its default level and "roll back" the volume of some other performance for your role in a particular song. You could even have one live set entry which is the same performance - but the duplicate is louder (or softer) than the other.

You've already figured out the feature - but for others, additional background can be found:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/volume-setting-changed,-but-won-t-store

Posted : 12/06/2017 4:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us