Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Performances

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I know it's been discussed before but does anyone think Yamaha will ever make software
to convert Motif XS or XF peformances into Montage format. I know it's a lot of work
but wondering if it's in the future. Thanks

Posted : 23/06/2017 10:06 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

They could - if you've manually gone through this process - you see how it's possible to automate. If they will offer anything to assist is an open question.

Posted : 23/06/2017 2:29 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for your response.

Posted : 26/06/2017 2:23 pm
Bad Mister

MrKorgie wrote:

I know it's been discussed before but does anyone think Yamaha will ever make software
to convert Motif XS or XF peformances into Montage format. I know it's a lot of work
but wondering if it's in the future. Thanks

No, I don't think so. There was talk of Montage Libraries that would include Performances from the Motif-series... but I have not seen an official announcement. The converted data would be updated for use in Montage.

But a software to convert User created Performance data to Montage Performances, it would be highly unlikely to see such a software utility from Yamaha - that's just my sense of it. Now, whether a third party company tackles this, who's to say? But as soon as some more concrete info is available we'll be sure to share it here.

Is your interest in the Factory Performances or in your own Performance data?
Is one of more interest to you over the other?

Posted : 26/06/2017 2:47 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When I was in the same position as MK - my interest was only in user generated performances and to "port over" my performances from the old keyboard to Montage. I ended up taking pictures of every menu between the two keyboards and made a spreadsheet relating each screen's parameter in the old keyboard to Montage's screen. I then went back and wrote down the values in the old keyboard's column and had a roadmap of which screen to enter all data into the Montage.

So now I'm past that step myself and the old keyboard has a layer of dust on it.

I personally never used a factory performance.

(Just chiming in for aggregate data).

Posted : 26/06/2017 3:10 pm
Topic starter

To Bad Mister, it was for a few third party libraries I had for my XF7. Thanks for your response.
Not a big deal. There's enough in the Montage already.

Posted : 28/06/2017 5:58 am
Topic starter

Thanks, Jason. I would do what you did but unfortunately dont have the XF anymore.
Thanks for your advise though.

Posted : 28/06/2017 6:03 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us