Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Performances y voces del Motif XF para el Montage.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Con la llegada de la nueva actualización V.2, del Montage ¿donde puedo conseguir las performances y voces originales del motif XF?. Les agradezco de antemano su atención. Un saludo

With the arrival of the new V.2 update of the Montage, where can I get the original performances and voices of the XF motif? I thank you in advance for your attention. a greeting

Posted : 04/02/2018 11:06 pm
Bad Mister

Right here at YamahaSynth.com or from most any Motif XF All Data File .X3A

For the last couple of months we’ve been posting a weekly series leading up to the converted Motif XF Performance data - All of the XF Voices and Arpeggio Data is already included in the MONTAGE factory ROM... We’ve been using this data to study how these individual programs can be combined. Everyone can be a Sound Designer if they learn the basics. These XF Factory Performances are simply great starting points to learn more about your synthesizer

Since at maximum the XF Performance will only have 2 Assign Knobs per Part, only have a maximum of 4 Parts, and a maximum of 6 Control Sets (Source/Destination assignments)... we’ve been using these conversions to learn about some of things you can do to integrate them with the MONTAGE Motion Control Engine... where you have 8 Assign Knobs per Part, 8 Parts per KBD CTRL Performance, and 16 Control Set (Source/Destinations) per Part!

Check them out here:
MONTAGE - Motif XF Conversion tutorial #1
MONTAGE - Motif XF Conversion tutorial #2
MONTAGE - Motif XF Conversion tutorial #3

I think we are up to 11 of them... now... (if you Search “conversion” they should all show up.)

but starting later this week you can download the lot of them here from this site (or we’ll have the link).

Posted : 05/02/2018 6:28 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I think he wants a silver-platter download (user, library) file to make all the Preset voices and performances of Motif XF to Montage.

There were hints that future firmware may include Motif XF presets in the available preset space of Montage.

In the meantime, you need access to a Motif XF to see the settings and manually duplicate those on Montage.

Someone could manually do the conversion to Montage or initialize a Motif XF and save the user space since I think the user area on Motif XF is a duplicate of the presets (when initialized). Perhaps that is what the files are on moessieurs:

http://www.moessieurs.com/Motifs/factory_xf.html

Original discussion on this forum:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/finding-motif-xf-programs-to-load-onto-the-montage-v2

Proper conversion of performance assumes use of firmware v2.0 or above.

Posted : 05/02/2018 6:54 pm
Topic starter

Thank you very much, very kind.

Posted : 06/02/2018 7:21 pm
Topic starter

The update is now available

Posted : 07/02/2018 11:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us