Notifications
Clear all

Performances/Track/Channel with surface control

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Trying to figure out if I can when or while selecting a Track/Channel strip with control surface via to DAW that aligned within The Montage (Performance/part) to switch.

Another way of saying it when I Use the the control surface to switch tracks within the DAW can I get it to translate and switch to a Performance/Part on My Montage.
I am trying to eliminate best as possible using a mouse or needing to select a part within a Performance/Part to trigger or play the Instrument Part within a Performance.

This seem to be the issue with Cubase 9/Logic Pro X/Presonus Studio one 3.

When using a basic MIDI channel for either the Montage internal sound or VSTI.

For example in Studio One 3 DAW I have 2 VSTI tracks set up, VSTI MIDI channel/track(1)= MIDI Channel 1 Montage port 1 in to ( MIDI channel 1)=(part 1) the second track is pretty much the same except it is set up on VSTI MIDI channel/track (2) Montage port 1 in (MIDI channel 2)=(part2).

Montage quick setup is MIDI Rec on DAW, Zone master is on.

So when I select a Track/Channel with the Control Surface no sound until I go to the Montage performance/part and manually select, to activate the part.
I was wondering if there is a way when I select either Montage Performance/part or VSTI track part can i get them to simultaneously change or synch them to change together so I won't have to go to My mouse or the Montage touch screen in unison with the surface controller to arm the track.

Posted : 21/03/2017 2:23 pm
 Fess
Trusted Member

This^ is a great question and I'd like to know too. For users, there should be seamless MIDI control between Cubase and the Montage. I believe this could be set up inside of Cubase (CCs) but honestly, I haven't used mine with Cubase yet. I am using a control surface though, and I like your efficient workflow idea:)

Posted : 21/03/2017 9:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us