Clear all

Play/Rec Audio Volume not saved as part of a performance

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Stu
Trusted Member
Topic starter

The Audio Volume value found in any Performance Play/Rec screen is not saved as part of that performance. You can manually set it but the value will default back to full (255) when the keyboard is powered off and back on. 

This value, like any other found in a performance, should be saved as part of that performance. If this value was intended to be global it should be placed in the System settings.

Posted : 22/02/2024 7:03 pm
Prominent Member

The Audio Volume value found in any Performance Play/Rec screen is not saved as part of that performance. You can manually set it but the value will default back to full (255) when the keyboard is powered off and back on.

As far as I know that volume control is specifically for use when you want to record and play along with an audio file. Audio files have a built-in volume that may not be what you want. So that control lets you adjust it to match the volume level of the performance you are playing and recording.

This value, like any other found in a performance, should be saved as part of that performance. If this value was intended to be global it should be placed in the System settings.

That volume isn't part of the performance. It is just part of the audio recording functionality. Unless you are recording you don't need to adjust that volume.

By setting it to 255, the max, it lets you hear the full volume embedded in the audio file. So you would only adjust the value if the audio file was too loud for the performance you are going to record.

Sort of like if you played a song on your IPad to play along with. You would set the volume on your IPad. The IPad volume wouldn't be part of the performance.

Posted : 23/02/2024 1:23 am
 Stu
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Posted by: Andrew

As far as I know that volume control is specifically for use when you want to record and play along with an audio file. Audio files have a built-in volume that may not be what you want. So that control lets you adjust it to match the volume level of the performance you are playing and recording.

That volume isn't part of the performance. It is just part of the audio recording functionality. Unless you are recording you don't need to adjust that volume.

By setting it to 255, the max, it lets you hear the full volume embedded in the audio file. So you would only adjust the value if the audio file was too loud for the performance you are going to record.

Sort of like if you played a song on your IPad to play along with. You would set the volume on your IPad. The IPad volume wouldn't be part of the performance.

[/q

Nah. That doesn't make sense. The relative volume of the audio file, along with the file itself, should be part of the performance. Otherwise, the setting should be part of the Sound settings, which it's not.

If I was playing an audio file on an iPad that would be different, it's a completely external event. In this case we are adding an audio file directly into a performance and the volume of that file should be set there as well. 

I've opened a support inquiry with Yamaha so we'll see what they say. 

Posted : 23/02/2024 1:01 pm
 Stu
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Also, the Yamaha Tyros, PSR and Genos family of keyboards did this correctly. Both an audio file and its relative volume are stored in each performance on all of these keyboard. I know because I've had each and used that functionality for about 10 years. 

Posted : 23/02/2024 2:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us