Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Please help!

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I recently purchased a montage; however my computer is only capable of running a 32-but operating system, so I cannot download Cubase with Montage Connect. I have been trying to make a MIDI recording on my montage. I have created different parts on a certain song I have created on my Montage; however when I load this to my USB drive, he audio coming through the midi sequence file is not playing all the instrument parts I selected. Can you explain to me what I am doing wrong?

Posted : 05/06/2017 8:28 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Save your MIDI file as "Song&Perf" so the instruments line up when you recall.

Some versions of Cubase support native 32-bit. That doesn't help much - but boiler-plate specs of the free version of Cubase (latest version of Cubase 8 AI) shows 64-bit as a requirement.

Posted : 05/06/2017 11:50 pm
Topic starter

Thank you! But do you know how to save a song and performance on a USB?

Posted : 06/06/2017 12:05 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling like the function just saves a MIDI file with an MSB/LSB+PC "Bank/Program" change message at the start so it loads up the right performance. I haven't tried the feature myself. Someone else will chime in something more practical for you.

I would imagine the feature only works if you have a USB stick installed and always saves to a USB stick - similar to how MIDI save works.

Here's a discussion with some pictures:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/store-song-perf-settings

Posted : 06/06/2017 12:32 am
Topic starter

Thank you! If I have any more questions I will definitely let you know!

Posted : 06/06/2017 12:42 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The forum has very capable power users and Yamaha staff. You don't have to let me know - just throw out anything you need help on to the community next time you get stuck or need some help. Someone will grab the football.

Posted : 06/06/2017 12:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us