Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Please, help with Montage/MODX+Komplete 13.

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I wil appreciate any help dealing with Native Instruments Komplete 13 and Montage/MODX.

Any Montage/MODX user working also with Komplete 13...or any other version?

I am about to click on buy given the huge discount, but would like to hear any opinion first...

Thank you very much....:) 🙂 🙂 🙂

Posted : 22/09/2022 3:13 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Which edition are you planning on getting (product tier)?

I'm guessing not Select, not Ultimate, and not the Collector's Edition. I say that because "Komplete 13" without those other designations is that second tier aka "Komplete 13 Standard".

13 Standard @ $390, upgrade to 14 Ultimate + $600 (total $990)
13 Ultimate @ $780, upgrade to 14 Ultimate + $400 (total $1180)

This is just one way to look at it - I don't really know what you're starting with that may be better than these - but all of this is the current street pricing. If you wanted to go Ultimate then sticking with the Standard version saves you a little and you can buy in later if that's what you'd want to do.

If you happen to already have Select and your "ultimate" goal is 14 Ultimate - then this will be $1000 (upgrade from select). Select comes bundled with some hardware and, in my case, I have NI hardware if I wanted to skip 13 and dive straight into 14. But that's also a hefty chunk more than the "slow burn" of just going with Standard now and upgrading later.

Posted : 22/09/2022 7:00 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you, Jason.

The top choice, Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Coll. Ed Hardware bundle., is offered now for 919 € and I think it will end very soon.

https://www.thomann.de/es/native_instruments_komplete_13_ultimate_coll_ed.htm

But I am asking if any expert here using any version could let us know if it is a great product to be had or just so-so.

Posted : 23/09/2022 4:19 am
Member Admin

If you like presets, then Komplete is huge.

There's a lot of reasons to like using presets, and you probably know if you're this type of person. In that case, the Arturia Collections and the Omnisphere way are second only to Komplete.

The other good thing about Komplete is that each "instrument" and preset offers idealised control. You instantly have access to the things that do the best modifications to the sound for creativity and expressiveness.

Commit to it, and you'll probably never need to do real synth sound design programming, just spend time finding and using, instead, as it's enormously diverse and well curated.

Posted : 23/09/2022 6:11 am
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you, Andrew.

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Bought.

😀 😀 😀 😀

Posted : 23/09/2022 7:15 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

According to today's exchange rates that price is about $100 USD less than the $999 USD sale price available in the US.

Posted : 23/09/2022 5:08 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=118517]According to today's exchange rates that price is about $100 USD less than the $999 USD sale price available in the US. [/quotePost]

Really ?

Long live Europe, our home !!!!

Posted : 23/09/2022 5:48 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

$749 USD.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/native_instruments_komplete_13_ultimate_coll_ed.htm

Long live USA, everybody's home !!!!

😀 😀 😀 😀

Attached files

Posted : 02/10/2022 3:24 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us