Clear all

Porting My Motif XF Stuff

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

This past weekend, I used Montage 2.0, John Melas' Montage Total Librarian, and a free, open-source file difference utility called WinMerge to port my Motif XF stuff to my Montage.

To start with, I loaded one of my .X3A files onto my Montage with Performances and Library specified. Then I imported everything into a Total Librarian file (this takes a while).

Then I downloaded motf_xf_performance.zip from Yamaha's download site, loaded MOTIF XF PERFORMANCE.X7L onto my Montage (Performances and Library again), and imported all of that into a different Total Librarian file.

Then I exported text from both Total Librarian files and used WinMerge to compare the two files. This showed me which of the 640 XF performances I had changed and needed to save (see image below). I copied those performances into a third Total Librarian file, and now I have all of my Motif XF stuff in one convenient place. At this point, I deleted the library into which I had loaded my .X3A file because it was no longer needed.

I figured this technique might be useful to others.

Attached files

Posted : 13/02/2018 12:26 am
 Gary
Eminent Member

HOW DO THESE PERFORMANCES SOUND ON THE MONTAGE? Looks like you did a great job there.

Posted : 13/02/2018 4:10 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

The Performances sounds very good on the Montage. I Haven’t ever been in a position to do a side-by-side comparison with the FX, but I think they sound better on the Montage.

Posted : 13/02/2018 4:23 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us