Notifications
Clear all

Possible new user - hardware controls for editing

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all,

I'm seriously looking at a Montage as an FM synth in my studio setup. I'm looking for a hardware synth that's easy (relatively speaking) to program.

When editing an FM-X part, can the knobs and dials be used, for example, quickly editing an envelope rather than selecting one value with the touchscreen then changing the value? Or are the controls meant for performance only and have to be manually assigned?

I saw one YouTube video where the levels of the motion sequencer could be set with the faders. It would be great if other areas of the editing process uses the controls in a similar fashion.

Thank you.

Posted : 08/01/2018 9:45 pm
Bad Mister

The MONTAGE is much more than just an FM-X engine, it features a full featured AWM2 Sample-based engine which is combined via what Yamaha calls the Motion Control Synthesis Engine. So yes, real-time Control over FM-X is one of the main features of this particular FM generation. With the extensive Control matrix you can select which parameters you would like to interact with in real-time. You can scale parameter change to control movement in ways never previously available on any FM synth.

You should read through the many FM-X tutorials found on this site - this will give you a real feel for how it works.
Trying to describe it is like trying to describe how good ice cream is to some one, no description is going to truly do it justice.

Posted : 09/01/2018 12:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us