Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Possible to MIDI merge on Montage to control external devices?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jim
 Jim
Topic starter

Hello,

Wondering if Montage has a MIDI merge function on its input? In other words, MIDI out of my Yamaha CP300 to MIDI in of the Montage, and have both keyboards be able to control an external device.

The idea is to be able to play Montage's internal sounds from the CP300 and simultaneously have both keyboards be able to trigger the external device. Most Yamaha keyboards have been able to do this, just not sure about Montage so far that I've seen...

Thanks!

Posted : 27/03/2017 3:49 pm
Bad Mister

Most Yamaha keyboards have been able to do this, just not sure about Montage so far that I've seen...

Which ones?
The Montage can do so via a computer and DAW software - you do not mention a computer so I'm not sure if that is what you mean by "most Yamaha keyboards" can do this...

The Montage has a built-in MIDI and Audio Interface. You would set the DAW so it can receive MIDI from both the Montage and the CP300, (the "merge" takes place with "IN 'ALL MIDI INPUTS'". You would use the Montage's multi-port driver.

A MIDI Track set to All MIDI INPUTS and the Track's OUTPUT set to PORT 3, You would connect the MIDI OUT of the Montage to your external device. Both the CP300 and the Montage will be able to play that device. If simultaneously you need the CP300 to play the Montage, you would create a second MIDI Track with the MIDI IN to ALL MIDI INPUTS and the Track's OUTPUT set to PORT 1.

you would highlight both tracks to make them both active.

Posted : 03/04/2017 8:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us