Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Problem with MIDI on/off on Montage and a Daw

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a problem sanding a midi message (note on/off) from my Montage 7 to Logic Pro. The NoteOff doesn't work. This happens with the note A2 and A3 on my keyboard. Anyone can help me?
Thanks
a.

Posted : 07/05/2019 1:05 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

So the flow is - you touch a key on the keyboard - then note ON/OFF messages should be sent out Montage (USB) and your DAW (Logic) should receive these?

... and notes other than A2 and A3 work? Maybe not all - but some notes work?

This would generally indicate some note range issue or an ARP issue where the ARP intercepts notes you play.

For a sanity check - recall "Init Normal (AWM2)" and see if A2 and A3 send note on/off messages. That will at least verify there isn't something else down the line causing issues.

Posted : 07/05/2019 8:31 pm
Bad Mister

To isolate where the problem lies...
1) disconnect from Logic Pro entirely, play your MONTAGE “stand-alone”. If everything is working fine, then we can assume the issue is in your configuration with your computer (Logic Pro).
2) Next, reconnect via USB to your computer; verify the MIDI Port Setup. You should be using the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver”. You only want to use MONTAGE-1 (Port 1) for music communication. If you have attempted to configure REMOTE CONTROL this should be isolated on Port 2 using Mackie Control protocol.

Let us know.

Posted : 08/05/2019 3:02 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us