Notifications
Clear all

problem with triggering arps in cubase 10.5 and tempo oscilating

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Jan
Topic starter

Hi i have problems with my yamaha montage 6 and cubase.
1 - i cant trigger arps to fit to the rhythm of sequence of daw, cubase 10.5
2 - when i want to write arps to the daw by func. write arp to daw tempo of montage is stil oscilating +-1bpm
and this is the same problem in cause when i write only a sequence in daw what lead the arps for write them in sync to inner sequencer of montage
thx for reply to my question

Posted : 24/12/2019 8:19 pm
 Jan
Topic starter

Problém with triggering arps to the rhythm of cubase 10.5 - I have it still when i synchronize my Yamaha montage 6 and run inner seqeuncer with my daw - the tempo of Yamaha montage jump on 300 bpm

Posted : 26/12/2019 1:27 pm
Bad Mister

Hi i have problems with my yamaha montage 6 and cubase.
1 - i cant trigger arps to fit to the rhythm of sequence of daw, cubase 10.5

Triggering Arpeggios requires musical skill. It is the player’s responsibility to hit the keyboard precisely on the beat. If you are, for example, 25 clock ticks late, the Arp Phrase will be consistently 25 clock ticks behind the beat. If you are 50 clock ticks late, the Arp Phrase will remain consistently 50 clock ticks behind the beat.

Timing on the start of an Arpeggio Phrase is critical because, unlike when you are playing, you likely always miss the very first clock tick, but correct yourself soon after. Arp Phrase remain rigid, in that the spacing between notes remains exactly the same... if you start it late, it remains consistently late from that point on.

MIDI Clock that is properly sync’d does not drift +/- a beat per minute, you maybe describing it like that but that is not what is happening. When timing is not sync’d that is all you need to say. There is no drift, ... out of sync sounds wrong enough.

Let’s start with making sure Clock sync is happening, then we’ll give you a couple of ways to ensure “printing arp Phrases to your DAW” perfectly!

In Cubase, go the TRANSPORT > PROJECT SYNCHRONIZATION SETUP... > “Timecode Source” = Internal Timecode
Click the “Destination” tab and mark MIDI CLOCK DESTINATIONS = MONTAGE Port 1

In the MONTAGE, touch the quarter note icon on the top line of the screen to open the UTILITY > “Tempo Settings” screen
Set “MIDI SYNC” = MIDI (green)
Press [EXIT] to return to your Performance.
The Tempo as set in Cubase will now determine the tempo for all MONTAGE clock based functions. If you set Cubase to a tempo, the MONTAGE will run at that the same tempo.

As mentioned it is your responsibility, as a player, to press the Keys controlling the Arp Phrases in a timely fashion.
The Arp parameter “Sync Quantize” can help you place the controlling notes. When set to 120 it will correct your controlling input to the nearest sixteenth note. If your timing is really poor, set this to 240 (eighth note) or 480 (quarter note).

If you have problems triggering notes on time, you can:
1) Record your Arp to Cubase, then clock shift (correct) the data in Cubase. By selecting all the recorded Notes, you can drag and drop them into place. Again, they will be late by a consistent amount throughout.
2) Record your Arp data to the MONTAGE - then transfer it to Cubase. The MONTAGE allows you accurately transfer Arp Phrase to the MONTAGE’s internal recorder. You can then use MONTAGE CONNECT to drag and drop the data (.mid) into your Cubase Project.

Problém with triggering arps to the rhythm of cubase 10.5 - I have it still when i synchronize my Yamaha montage 6 and run inner seqeuncer with my daw - the tempo of Yamaha montage jump on 300 bpm

This happens when you feed two or more clocks to the MONTAGE... they tend to add to the BPM. Your system can have only one master clock active at a time — which should be Cubase.

If you want help with this issue, you must tell us *what else* is connected to your system. So far you mentioned only the MONTAGE 6 and Cubase 10.5. But it is fairly obvious (tempo jumps to 300) that you have other devices connected... some of which are inputting MIDI clock into the system.

Posted : 26/12/2019 3:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us