Notifications
Clear all

Program the Super Knob

15 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
Topic starter

What page of the reference manual does it tell how to program the Super Knob?

Posted : 09/05/2016 3:01 am
Kiwi
 Kiwi

Mike wrote:

What page of the reference manual does it tell how to program the Super Knob?

Pages 39-43, 50

Posted : 09/05/2016 4:26 am
Bad Mister

We have started a series of articles here on YamahaSynth: Programming Basics: The Super Knob

Programming Basics 1: The Super Knob

Programming Basics 2: The Super Knob Common

Posted : 09/05/2016 10:31 am
 Mike
Topic starter

Having trouble finding "Super Knob Common" in the performance mode.

Posted : 09/05/2016 1:16 pm
Bad Mister

It, and the other example Performances for the series of tutorial articles are found in the free download at the end of the first article (bottom).

Make sure you backup any of your own stuff before loading the data.
Download the file, unzip it, copy the .X7U file to your USB stick, load it into User. They Performances will appear in your Montage as a USER Live Set.
Make sure you backup any of your own stuff before loading the data.

Posted : 09/05/2016 2:14 pm
 Mike
Topic starter

thx,
Ok Im in "Control" - "Control Assign" with "Auto Select" on. When I rotate the knob 2 it auto switches on screen to say asgnKnob 2 which is good, however the screen does not give me an option to add an effect or even a "+" sign to adjust the parameters for knob 2. Help. Everything under the display filter name is blank.

Posted : 09/05/2016 10:12 pm
Bad Mister

You are here?
I see a "+"

Posted : 10/05/2016 12:19 am
 Mike
Topic starter

yes, I am there.
no plus sign, just blank, all the boxes are empty.

Posted : 10/05/2016 3:02 am
Bad Mister

In the screenshot that I posted it says "Edit - Common/Audio" on the top line at left, what does yours says?

Posted : 10/05/2016 3:16 am
 Mike
Topic starter

see picture

Attached files

Posted : 10/05/2016 3:44 am
Bad Mister

Let's make sure we are on the same page.
Make sure your Montage is updated 1.10.x
[UTILITY] > Settings > System

You are using the Performance "Super Knob Common" from the tutorial file.
Let us know.

Posted : 10/05/2016 10:48 am
 Mike
Topic starter

ok the new update is on the usb stick and inserted in the montage, what is the process of updating into the Montage?

Posted : 11/05/2016 12:42 am
Kiwi
 Kiwi

Mike wrote:

ok the new update is on the usb stick and inserted in the montage, what is the process of updating into the Montage?

Mike, it is usually a separate file contained in the compressed file that also contained the 8N70OS_.PGM file (The actual firmware.)

Posted : 11/05/2016 12:45 am
 Mike
Topic starter

i know, already on the stick. do i insert it then turn on the keyboard, or go through the load feature?

Posted : 11/05/2016 1:39 am
Bad Mister

I think he was referring to the instructions (required reading) that was included in the compressed (zipped) file that you got when you downloaded the update. If you read through that it tells you to place the 8N70OS_.PGM file in the root directory of your USB stick, and power on the unit holding the two buttons that place it in UPDATER mode.

Please read through the instructions... then you will know exactly what to do.

BTW- the only way to see a screen with no "+" option is if you have already assigned 16 SOURCE/DESTINATIONS for that Common level of the PERFORMANCE. When no "+" appears this means 16 assignments are already made. If you were looking at the tutorial examples, in that first example only two things are programmed on the Common level.

The tutorials are designed to slowly wade out into the deeper waters, so we start out with studying just one PART, and making just two assignments on the Common/Audio level. Perhaps you were experimenting on your own... only 16 Controller Source/Destination Sets are available at the Common/Audio level of the architecture, and 16 additional Controller Source/Destination Sets per each PART (16 PARTS).

Posted : 11/05/2016 2:13 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us