Clear all

Question about reverb send and dry level

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I want to use the superknob to simultaniously increase the reverb send and lower the dry level of a part. Increase the reverb is easy, but lower the dry level.... euhm, that option isn't available in the Destination tab in Control Assign. I tried just lowering the volume of the part, but that won't do the job since the reverb is Post Fader. So the volume of the reverb will lower too. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Regards,

Stef

Posted : 17/12/2016 8:16 pm
Bad Mister

It is not that it is broken, but what you can do to get this result is assign a Reverb Type as one of the two Insertion Effects for that Part instead of working with the System Reverb. Then assign knob control over the Dry/Wet balance within the Reverb Insert Effect.

By dedicating a Reverb to the Part, you have access to the Dry Level because Insert Effects do not work via Send Level, rather the entire signal is "inserted" and travels through the processor. Insertion Effect types that are more "effect" than "utility", feature a Dry/Wet balance parameter (which is controllable via assignment).

If you need a step-by-step, let me know.

Posted : 18/12/2016 6:52 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us