Rod
Estimable Member

OK, but nothing happened last time

Attached files

Posted : 02/01/2018 3:57 pm
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello - as you can see I've tried a few other options with minor success. Not what I want to achieve at all. The screenshots used by BM (for example) are large and clear and employed so often it must be a simple procedure, which I am trying to discover. There are two major stumbling blocks - one is the physical transfer of the USB key from Montage to computer and back again, which should not be necessary, and two is the inability to 'Paste' to this site, which must be a deliberate design feature for what may be a perfectly valid reason - only known and trusted personnel are allowed access. If that is the case, perhaps someone would say so, if only so that I can stop wasting my time! Shame though ...

Posted : 02/01/2018 4:16 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

follow the directions i linked to - do not upload to this site. upload to an image hosting site first then link to the image.

there will be an open bracket, then 'img' then close bracket, then your link to the hosting site/image, then open bracket, then '/img' then close bracket.

Posted : 02/01/2018 7:12 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

I spent some time trying this out yesterday. Sometimes it worked, but most times it didn't.

I used two different flash drives, both of which were formatted FAT32 as required by Montage.

I tried many things in an attempt to figure out why it only worked some of the time: holding both buttons down for a short time; holding both buttons down for a longer time; making sure the buttons were not lit before I pressed them; making sure the buttons were lit before I pressed them; etc. I was not able to figure out anything that would make the process work consistently.

When it did work, it produced a file named something like DSNAP_0.png. The presence of the "_0" in the name made me think that Montage would be capable of saving multiple different screenshots onto the same flash drive by naming the next one "_1", etc but the process never worked when there was already a "_0" file present on the flash drive. So it may be that you can only save one screenshot at a time to the flash drive, and then you have to delete it (and empty the Trash for the drive) before you can create the next screenshot.

All in all, what I was able to figure out is way too cumbersome and annoying to actually use. I suspect that there are things that we don't know (but that Yamaha does know internally) that would make this process simple to use and useful. But unless someone at Yamaha chooses to let us know these things, I'm going to stick to taking pictures of the touchscreen with my phone when I need to include that sort of information in a post.

Posted : 04/01/2018 7:41 pm
Topic starter

Michael Trigoboff wrote:

I spent some time trying this out yesterday. Sometimes it worked, but most times it didn't.

It works for me every time, and i can take multiple screenshots. On my USB stick they show as
DSNAP_0.png
DSNAP_1.png
DSNAP_2.png
etc.
I started this topic because i found the solution on another site, and when i answered somebody who was searching for the same thing, the post was deleted.
I have bookmarked a whole lot of threads and none were deleted. Coincidence or not, i don't know, but it is very useful for me, i have two other friends who have the Montage and many times we send each other screenshots. Cheers.

Posted : 04/01/2018 9:19 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

It works for me every time, and i can take multiple screenshots.

Are you doing anything special? The way you hit the buttons, etc. I'd love to be able to get this to work for me.

Posted : 05/01/2018 1:06 am
Lawrence
Trusted Member

Marius wrote:

It works for me every time, and i can take multiple screenshots. On my USB stick they show as
DSNAP_0.png
DSNAP_1.png
DSNAP_2.png
etc.

Please explain exactly the steps that you took to accomplish this. I (like others) have only gotten this to work occasionally, and thus really no idea why it does work when it does.

Thank you for your assistance.

Posted : 05/01/2018 2:11 am

You can save a lot of screenshots in a row. Actually they will be named DSNAP_0.png, DSNAP_1.png, DSNAP_2.png etc ... For my part I have a Sandisc 32go key dedicated to Montage and formatted on it. Whether the A / D input button is on or off before it changes anything, it works every time. On the other hand nothing indicates that the photo is taken, it would be cool that there is a camera noise like on smartphones or Mac.
I just have a question, where did the font come from on Jason and Rod's screenshots? It is sharper than on my Montage screen and different from what we can usually see.

Posted : 05/01/2018 3:23 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello Michael - I have no trouble at all taking the screenshots with the 'A/D Input' button and the lower 'Solo' button, whether they are lit or not, and yes I get multiple images (DSNAP) and yes they are numbered from '0' upwards (I have got to '7' but could have gone on). The killer for me is having to physically transfer the USB to the computer - just too much hassle. If I do, the simplest method then is to create a 'Picture' file (Screenshots) and 'Save As' to there, then attach it as an image to the Post here. But as you say, it's just too cumbersome and clunky.

Jason has found a way (thank you Jason!) to get 'BM' type screenshots, which is good, but it involves downloading seemingly unreliable third-party software, which I am loathe to do. At least I can do it if I must as an image - not as good, but maybe better than a thousand words ...

Posted : 05/01/2018 8:42 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

Hello Michael - I have no trouble at all taking the screenshots with the 'A/D Input' button and the lower 'Solo' button, whether they are lit or not, and yes I get multiple images (DSNAP) and yes they are numbered from '0' upwards (I have got to '7' but could have gone on).

Do you hit them both at once? Or first one and then the other? How long do you hold them down?

Posted : 05/01/2018 11:41 pm

A / D input first that I maintain and then solo. Immediately I see the small led flashing USB flash indicating the writing activity.
Do you have the 1.60 installed (just in case)?
Otherwise I had no answer on the difference of fonts visible on some screen shots of this thread.

Posted : 06/01/2018 2:09 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

@Rod:

In order to get "in-line" images (the larger images that can be surrounded by text) - there is no 3rd party software to download. You have two choices:

1) Use an image hosting site. You just navigate to it - and upload an image. Nothing to install. Nothing to sign up for. The only difference between what you currently do and using this site is you upload to the other site instead of yamahasynth - then back on on this forum you link back to that image. It's all outlined multiple ways, multiple times.

a) Navigate to https://imgbb.com/
b) Click on "start uploading button"
c) Press the "upload" button"
d) You'll get a link back that looks similar to this: https://ibb.co/f5MUXG
e) Copy that link.

Then surround that link by [ img ] and [ / img ] (take out the spaces)

-OR-

2) You can upload the image (png file or other) as you normally do. After posting your message with the attachment - go back and read your message. Click on the attachment so it "blows it up" with the "X" in a circle in the upper right. Then right-click on the large image and choose "copy image address" (this is chrome - may be similar but different for other browsers). Then EDIT your post and surround what you copied by the same "img" "/img" with brackets. You'll paste that link.

This is so you can use yamahasynth instead of a hosting site - but I always an external hosting site unless I "requote" someone.

Posted : 06/01/2018 6:42 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

A / D input first that I maintain and then solo. Immediately

That was it! Now that I’m doing the buttons in that order, it’s working perfectly for me.

Thanks!

(My Montage is running 1.60.)

Posted : 06/01/2018 6:32 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us