Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Question: How Link Permanently Wav File from USB to performance ?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi All
I have different performance in which I want to "link" fix Wave File from USB DRIVE.
For Example, I want that:
- When i Press "Play" in "Intro" (Performance Called "intro") Montage Play "Intro.Wav" from USB.
- When i Press "Play" in "Ragno" (Performance Called "Ragno") Montage Play "Sirena.wav" from USB.
... and so on.

In this moment when i select a Wav from... Audio File is not Saved in My Performance and when i press Play, Montage Shows me Midi/Audio select files.

Is there any way to obtain Fix Audio File recall into performance ?

Regards.

Posted : 28/05/2018 3:50 pm
Sladjan

To my knowledge, it is not possible to link a performance to a certain song or wav file in the player. This would be such a good feature but Yamaha obviously sees other priorities. Your safest way probably is to create a multisample (waveform) and trigger your waves directly from keys on your keyboard.

Posted : 28/05/2018 3:55 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Another idea would be one-shot the waveforms on specific keys (as Sladjan has mentioned) and combine this with the audition button. There's a way to set drum samples as "fire and forget" - so the entire sample plays without having to hold down the key. Your "Intro.wav" can be in a performance PART setup this way. The audition button can be customized so it just hits this key. You can map the key way off the keyboard (like G8 - or the fully low pitch key) so it doesn't interfere with your normal usage -- even if you octave shift within reason. Then pretend like the audition button is your play button.

The only difference is the location of the audition button. You may want the play button due to its "geographical" location (use left hand vs. right hand -- proximity to center - etc).

Posted : 29/05/2018 2:39 am
Bad Mister

In this moment when i select a Wav from... Audio File is not Saved in My Performance and when i press Play, Montage Shows me Midi/Audio select files.

Is there any way to obtain Fix Audio File recall into performance ?

A .wav File on an external USB stick cannot be linked to a MONTAGE Performance, neither can a .mid File be linked from a USB stick to a Performance.
In both cases the files must be moved to the MONTAGE internal memory... if you want to actually link it to a MONTAGE Performance.

A .mid File must be loaded to internal memory; where it becomes a MONTAGE “Song”. A Song can be linked with a MONTAGE Performance.
A .wav File must be loaded to internal memory; where it becomes a MONTAGE “Waveform”. A Waveform can be linked with a MONTAGE Performance.

Yes, that’s how it works in this particular timeline reality. The difference between a .wav and a MONTAGE Waveform is significant.
The difference between a .mid and a MONTAGE Song is also significant (a Song can be linked with a Performance).

Once your External Files have been converted to a MONTAGE entity, it’s data can be interpreted and read from within a MONTAGE Performance.
So you can definitely use the data you recorded as a .wav (as long as it is a supported format: 16 or 24 bit) and associate it with a Performance... you must create a MONTAGE Waveform.

As a Waveform you can assign it a Key (or set of Keys) to play from, you can control its volume with velocity, you can set a play envelope, you can route it through Effects, you can retune it, change its playback speed...

Placing it inside a Drum Kit will give you the most convenient way to control it. You can trigger it like any percussion instrument. And since DrumKit sounds can be set to ignore Note-Off, the entire Waveform can play without programming a note duration or holding the Key.

Each DrumKit has 73 Keys C0~C6
Each Key can be placed in a Group and you can set it so only one Waveform per Group will sound at a time (allowing one to replace another).

If you need help creating the Kit, let us know.

Posted : 29/05/2018 3:48 am
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member

I have followed instructions here by both Jason and Bad Mister, and from the YouTube video referenced... and created a waveform on my DAW and copied this to a USB stick. (It plays just fine from the stick when I go to Utility/Load/.wav file, all 10 seconds of it play perfectly).

I then selected this as a waveform in a init drum kit and selected a note to trigger this with in one element of a performance. I set it's Rcv Note to 'off,' and the upper left button on that page to 'On.' When I hit the note I chose to trigger this waveform I hear less then 2 seconds of my 10 second waveform. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

Thanks!

Posted : 13/08/2018 2:32 pm
Bad Mister

I have followed instructions here by both Jason and Bad Mister, and from the YouTube video referenced... and created a waveform on my DAW and copied this to a USB stick. (It plays just fine from the stick when I go to Utility/Load/.wav file, all 10 seconds of it).

I then selected this as a waveform in a init drum kit and selected a note to trigger this in one element of a performance. I set it's Rcv Note to 'off.' When I hit the note I chose to trigger this waveform I hear less then 2 seconds of my 10 second waveform. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

On the same screen (Osc/Tune) where you turned "Rcv Note Off" you need to set the Key's "Assign Mode" to "Single"; This will allow only one instance of your sample to sound a time. Each time you press the key, the sample will end and start from the top. If set to "Multi", then you can have multiple instances playing simultaneously.
Then touch "Level/Pan and work with the Amplitude Envelope Generator (AEG) to support the length (Time) you need to support your audio...
Time parameter "Decay2" can be set to "HOLD" (turn the value up to create a longer and longer envelope time - the graphic will adjust; once you pass 126 the setting goes to HOLD, which will hold the sound indefinitely.

Posted : 13/08/2018 5:22 pm
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member

Perfect! That certainly was what I was missing, and a very quick fix. Thank you 'Bad Mister'!!

Posted : 13/08/2018 6:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us