Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

random arpeggio's?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I've managed to create a few sounds with arpeggio's I like. I'm able to control the speed, etc., but can't for the life of me seem to be able to find a way for the arpeggio to "randomly" go "Up AND Down". It's only going up. Any help greatly appreciated.Specifically, I'm trying to copy the very beginning of "Get Down Tonight" by KC and The Sunshine Band.

Posted : 12/10/2021 7:21 pm
Bad Mister

I've managed to create a few sounds with arpeggio's I like. I'm able to control the speed, etc., but can't for the life of me seem to be able to find a way for the arpeggio to "randomly" go "Up AND Down". It's only going up. Any help greatly appreciated.Specifically, I'm trying to copy the very beginning of "Get Down Tonight" by KC and The Sunshine Band.

Hi Steve,
I used do “sound alike MIDI File - so the advice I’m going to give is based on my experience doing that and my knowledge of Arpeggios.

The guitar player in KC and the Sunshine band actually played that riff at the start of “Get Down Tonight”. It is neither random nor a good candidate for an Arpeggiator (set to up/down or random).
Video link: https://youtu.be/Py8Uhm0DE_A

I used to ruin several vinyl records until I got a tape recorder with multiple speeds that allowed me to slow down playback while I transcribed the riff. Fast forward to today’s tools

“Yamaha Kittar - Phrase Practice App” is an iOS app available in some parts of the world. (USA for sure).
It can analyze the song, breaks it down to phrases that loop over and over… you can slow the tempo without changing the pitch… makes transcribing fast phrases a breeze.

If you can’t get Kittar (one of my favorite apps), you can record the guitar Intro to Cubase as .wav file… you can adjust tempo without changing pitch, which can make it much easier to figure out.
You can then Step Record it into Cubase
Go to File and Export it a MID FILE
Load it into your synth

Posted : 14/10/2021 1:51 am
Topic starter

This was extremely helpful. Thanks so much for the info!!!

Posted : 15/10/2021 5:48 pm

If you are specifically after the Get Down Tonight guitar tab suggest try an internet search for that - a sheet music site has the first page of the complete 8 bars. As stated it was a guitar recorded and then sped up, however the sheet music does state kybd. arr. for gtr. 😀

Posted : 15/10/2021 10:30 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us