Notifications
Clear all

Recording in Cubase

18 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

The message base is quirky (it only recognizes lowercase file extensions, "dumb limitation" ). That said - your OS is quirky too if you cannot rename files to lowercase. In Windows, I can pull up a DOS prompt hitting the windows key, typing "cmd" then return. Then find the file and enter the command:

"ren file.JPG file.jpg"

That's not the only way, but it's the way that's easiest for me.

That said, I rarely upload attachments here for screenshots. I use inline images. Which means I must first upload my file somewhere on the internet. I use imgbb.com From there, I hit the "start uploading" button and then upload my screenshot/graphic. It doesn't matter if the extension is JPG or jpg or GIF or gif or PNG or png (or ...). It sends me a quick link. I copy that, paste it into the browser - which shows me a page with extra stuff plus my upload. I right click on the image and copy the image location - which is a link to the image itself without any extra stuff from imgbb. This link is what I paste into my message surrounded by [ img ] http://my.link/etc [ /img ]

Taking out the spaces between the open bracket and img or /img (and also space after img or /img).

Posted : 09/06/2020 11:35 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member

Ok, after looking at this again, I finally get the point. in the audio inspector, he only has the left. I was only looking at the middle of his screenshot. the one with the audio connections, which looks exactly like mine. there´s a left in and a right in. so after reading that this was wrong, I´m like "whaaaat???". but ok, I can see now that the talk was about the audio inspector...

Posted : 10/06/2020 10:46 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Miles, this has absolutely nothing to do with your Cubase issue at hand - but just wanted to make you aware that should you attempt to use Soundmondo on the web - you're going to have issues since the web version doesn't deal with drivers when the name is preceded with a number. Yours shows "5- MONTAGE-1" and it's the "5-" part that Soundmondo (web) has issue with. As long as you don't use Soundmondo - everything else is fine (Cubase, Connect, etc - non Web things). If you ever do use Soundmondo (web) - then you'll need to uninstall the driver and reinstall in order to get rid of the "5-" prefix. I wouldn't advise doing that now if you don't have plans to use Soundmondo (web) - since the prefix will probably eventually creep back in as you reboot Windows, change USB ports, etc. It's something that you sort of have to periodically clean up for Soundmondo (web) if you're using that. Otherwise, no need to do anything.

I keep using web in parenthesis because there's another form Soundmondo takes and that's an app on an iOS device (Apple iPad, for example). This "version" (variant) of Soundmondo doesn't have these kind of problems as it is a different framework altogether. Same function - just different software pieces.

Posted : 10/06/2020 7:30 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us