Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Remove Performance on M7?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I've imported some of my custom library files onto my M7 from previous montage. I'd like to remove some of the live set locations that were imported and don't really work from the previous montage (because of midi changes to the M7). I can't figure out how to delete them. There is are diagonal black and grey lines through the live set like it's protected. How do I unprotect, and delete slots?

Posted : 05/11/2023 10:33 pm
Prominent Member

Your subject asks about 'Removeg Performance' but the rest talks about live sets and entries. Which is it?

If you want to remove a performance use the 'Utility -> Contents -> Data Utility' screen and select the 'Performance' folder. Then you can select a performance and get an option to delete it.

If you want to remove a Live Set entry (which keeps the performance) read the rest.

There is are diagonal black and grey lines through the live set like it's protected.

That 'Name' field IS protected - you can't change the name because you are NOT yet in 'Edit' mode.

And for user live sets there will be an 'Edit' button at the top right.

Press that button and you are in 'Edit' mode. You can now change the live set name, the user bank name and work with the live set entries.

So select and live set enter, and then press the 'Job' button.

You will get a choice of 'Copy', 'Exchange', 'Delete'.

Posted : 05/11/2023 10:52 pm
Bad Mister

[quotePost id=124293]I've imported some of my custom library files onto my M7 from previous montage. I'd like to remove some of the live set locations that were imported and don't really work from the previous montage (because of midi changes to the M7). I can't figure out how to delete them. There is are diagonal black and grey lines through the live set like it's protected. How do I unprotect, and delete slots?[/quotePost]Because your LIVE SET is contained in an installed Library you cannot simply Delete anything about it. (That is, you cannot ‘Edit’ your Library Live Set data).

An installed Library is like a published book. In order to make changes to an already published book, you really need to recall the old version and create an entirely new ‘second edition’ (one that reflects your changes).

Even if you use “Library Import” to move the installed Performance, Waveform and Arpeggio data to the User Bank, your Live Set is not brought along (as far as I know), since Library Import is non-destructive to the current User Bank data, your Performances would all move to new locations, as would the Waveforms and Arpeggios… the system takes care of rewriting and updating the necessary new location information for Performances, the Waveforms and Arpeggios they reference.

But Live Set data is technically links to internal data locations and are not part of the Library Import, (neither are Songs, Patterns, or Audio recordings which could be referenced by a Live Set)… Because it is the Live Set that references the Performance, Song, Pattern, or Audio location it is not imported. The LIVE SET references would be meaningless once you move the things they reference.

You will have to rebuild your LIVE SET after importing the Library (Performances).

Posted : 06/11/2023 4:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us