Clear all

Routing vsti to Montage FX.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Jeff
Topic starter

Hi Guys.

I'm using the Montage as my audio interface for my stage rig and I want to route a guitar VSTi (RealLPC) to the Montage Amp Sims.

The only way I've found so far is to send from the computer to the Digital Outputs and then set up the Amp Sim as the Variation Effect.
This method though gives me a mix of the dry guitar and the amp sim.

Is there a way to insert the Amp Sim in the digital path?

Posted : 31/01/2017 6:13 pm
 Jeff
Topic starter

Anyone?

Posted : 31/01/2017 9:40 pm
 G
Estimable Member

Posted : 31/01/2017 9:45 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Guys.

I'm using the Montage as my audio interface for my stage rig and I want to route a guitar VSTi (RealLPC) to the Montage Amp Sims.

The only way I've found so far is to send from the computer to the Digital Outputs and then set up the Amp Sim as the Variation Effect.
This method though gives me a mix of the dry guitar and the amp sim.

The mix of Dry and Amp Sim, is under your control. From Performance Home:
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Touch "Audio In" > "Mixing"
Here you can control both the A/D input and the Digital input.
If you just want the Amp Sim signal set the Digital Input's "Dry Level" to 0, this will give all signal through the Amp Sim. The Digital In can access the Rev and Var via its own Send (if and only if you route to the Main L/R Outputs). If you route the Digital in to any other Output option it goes there directly (no processing).

This would allow you, for example, to return the computer generated guitar discreetly through the Assignable L&R Outputs... which you could feed to an actual guitar amp, and/or other processors.

Is there a way to insert the Amp Sim in the digital path?

If by "digital path" you mean the same as the Montage internal synth sounds, you must enter via the A/D Input, the Montage will convert the analog Input to digital and route it on the same path as an internal signal... including it having its own two Insertion Effects... and the ability to be a modifier in the Motion Control Synthesis Engine.

Posted : 01/02/2017 2:23 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us