Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Running electric guitar into Montage

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello all. I have a Montage 7 in White and it is the most amazing and beautiful keyboard I've ever played. I am running an electric guitar into the A/D input, and while I have accessed the effects in the Montage I need more sound options. Can I run through a few pedals and then into the Montage A/D input? I'm thinking tube screamer (minimal distortion), wah, delay, envelope filter, octavizer, etc.? I certainly don't want to damage the board and I'm wondering what the input tolerance is. I am putting a show together where I play multiple instruments and it would be nice to leave the amp at home, and the volume control of the A/D input right in front of me is handy.
Thank you.

Posted : 28/12/2021 4:34 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Can I run through a few pedals and then into the Montage A/D input?

Yes

I'm thinking tube screamer (minimal distortion), wah, delay, envelope filter, octavizer, etc.?

Whatever you want.

I certainly don't want to damage the board and I'm wondering what the input tolerance is.

I don't have the Vrms spec - but the reference manual shows ...

A/D Input (A/D Input Gain)
When using the A/D INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] jacks, this determines the input source, microphone (Mic) or Line.
Settings: Mic, Line

Mic: Intended for low output equipment, such as a microphone.
Line: Intended for high output equipment, such as a keyboard, synthesizer, or CD player.

NOTE A guitar or bass having active pickups can be directly connected. However, when using passive pickups,
connect the instrument via an effect device.

... so effects are implicitly encouraged.

Posted : 28/12/2021 6:07 am
Antony
Estimable Member

However, when using passive pickups, connect the instrument via an effect device.

This is probably due to match impedance, so choose a pedal with buffered bypass... Boss pedals all have buffers.

Posted : 28/12/2021 7:07 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us