Notifications
Clear all

Sample Robot Installation problem on OSX 14.2

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi Guys,
on January 11th I've sent a mail to the support@samplerobot.com regarding the following issue. But still no answer. Do you have any suggestions for solving the issue?
The issue is:
Ive installed sample Robot 6.0.9.0 Montage Edition on a MacBook Pro using 10.14.2.
Installation process works and with my Admin User everything is Fine.
But when i like to use the Program with an User without Admin Privileges i get the attached Message „Could not write activation file.“ during the starting process of the program.
When i work with the Admin User everything works but this cannot be a solution.
Ive tried the installation both ways: First with my regular user and when asked entered Admin user and Password. ->Message „Could not write activation file.“
Then i deinstalled sample robot and start installation Process logged in as Admin-> Installation ok, start of program with admin Account works fine. Then logged off as admin and logged on with "normal" user->->Message „Could not write activation file.“ during start of Program.

What to do?
Why is the sample robot support not answering? Does Yamaha do the Support for the Montage Edition?

Regards
Chris

Attached files

Posted : 22/01/2019 10:16 am
Bad Mister

Your issue seems to be a Mac issue and what “User” is authorized to use the software.
No, Yamaha does not do official support for third party programs, but if we can help we always do.
Busy time in the business — this is NAMM Show preparation time... let me just apologize for the entire industry (I’m sure everyone is running around getting ready)... please be patient.

I would contact Apple Support in the meantime and see what preferences authorize Users of your MacBookPro to access installed programs...

{Edit...} found this warning:
Authorization
SampleRobot uses a copy protection system based on your email adress and a personal serial number. In order to download SampleRobot, you need to create an account on our website. You will receive your personal serial number by email.
After the first program launch you have to enter your personal serial number and the email adress that was used for your account. Confirm your data. SampleRobot is now activated without restrictions.

Hint: Please keep in mind that you don ́t mistake the number 0 (zero) with the letter O. If you are not sure, use the copy & paste function of your clipboard.
Important: Once you have activated SampleRobot you can install updates without new activation. Make sure to uninstall earlier versions first. On Windows this can be done via the Settings -> Apps panel (uninstall). Under macOS browse to ApplicationsSKYLIFESampleRobot6 and open the Maintenance tool.

Posted : 22/01/2019 11:06 am
Topic starter

Dear Phil,
thanks for finding the time to answer in just a busy time:-)
When i install other programs the way described above everything works fine. I guess the activation file is stored in a user dependent Folder and when starting not as an Admin the process has no write permission. I found in the unix console the Unix Error exception 17, it is an security exception.
I hope some party in Anaheim is boring and someone from the sampleRobot team finds my issue described. 😀 Does somebody else had the issue and how was it solved?
Anyway i hope i will get a hint.
Meanwhile enjoy the NAMM Show .:D
Regards from Germany
Chris

Posted : 23/01/2019 8:51 am
Bad Mister

I’m standing here with Christian from SampleRobot, and showed him your issue... he promises to answer your question as soon as he can... today is Day 1 NAMM Show; please be patient he will respond — trust me it is madness here!

Posted : 24/01/2019 11:48 pm
Topic starter

Hi Phil,
Still no answer from Sample Robot. I also installed the lastest Version, Same as above.
I had to say the Customer Support from samplerobot is poor. At least i Would Expect an E-Mail answer
So what should i do? Send E-Mail Again? Ask Yamaha Germany to get Support?..
I know it is Not Yamahas fault but....
Kind Regards from Germany
Chris

Posted : 17/03/2019 9:15 am
Bad Mister

If it is not too much trouble for you, yes, I would email him again. I’d hate someone to hold me responsible for every email given the sheer number of emails I get... if his In Box is anywhere near mine, it’s easy to miss one email.

Posted : 17/03/2019 10:28 am
Topic starter

Of course it is not. But the address i sent to was the official Sample Robot support Mail address, not his personal one. Or is it a one man company?
But thanks for your advice and i hope i didn't offend you.
Regards
Chris

Posted : 17/03/2019 12:34 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

SampleRobot for Windows has had similar licensing issues and there were specific workarounds identified for Windows which helped nudge along the software in the interim before the issue(s) were "fixed" (assuming) in the software. Joel (of Moessieurs) spearheaded much of this and he may be a better bridge to the Skylife team if you need help.

Without a suitable Macintosh platform here, I cannot support you directly on this one.

Posted : 17/03/2019 10:03 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi.
Christian have send an answer to Christoph today, here is the content :

SampleRobot writes the activation file on Mac to usrDocumentsSKYLIFESampleRobot6. As admin just copy (duplicate) the SampleRobot.activation file from your directory to the dedicated directory of your other user account.
That should do the trick and you are ready to go.

I hope it do the trick and can help if another Mac user have the same issue/
Like Jason i'm on Windows (and on Sample rRbot Pro) so i did not know about current Mac issues.

Hope it's help.

Posted : 20/03/2019 7:10 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the liaison work, Joel.

Posted : 20/03/2019 7:45 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us